What's new

Dumb question (wrong forum?) (1 Viewer)

Andy Stocker

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, I bought my Panasonic 47wx53 from Best Buy 2 weeks ago for 1399. The guy told me I had 30 days for the price match thing, and I could pick up any free offers that I missed too. Now, the deal at BB this week is a free recliner and they have extended the financing from 18 months to 24 months. However, the price of my TV is now 1499. Now for the dumb question; if I go to Best Buy and tell them I want my recliner and extra 6 months financing (I really just want the recliner) will I have to fork over $100 to get it? Ok, before you laugh hysterically, I'm wondering if they were to just look at my receipt they may not even notice (unless they scan it of course) the price difference. Now if someone thinks that my scheme here is wrong, I can understand that, but its just so rare that anything at Best Buy would actually increase in price over time. I don't think any other TV has increased at all other than the 47wx53, and that maybe that they have sold "TOO WELL". Maybe, if I get lucky they will drop the price back down and offer the recliner again next week!

Any thoughts? (Do I need to go to church? hehe)

Andy Stocker

Roger Li

Grip
Why not try to get the free chair. I doubt you will get the new financing, but for the sake of good customer service they may give you the chair. The worst that can happen is they say no.

Andy Stocker

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, well you won't hear me beeching about Best Buy for quite a while! I went there today and asked for my free chair and as I watched the clerk ring up my old ticket I saw $1499 magically go to $1399 on my new ticket, no questions asked! And the chair rang up at $349.99 so thanks for suggesting I try anyway! Furthermore, they had to look around the store for 5 minutes for one and the video guy said that if they couldn't find one they would just have to give me a gift card. I'm wondering if places offer a free item if they will let you get something else the same value (of course I doubt it)

At any rate, I am very happy and whether the clerk did me a favor or whether that is there standard practice(I wasn't going to ask!) she was very cool about it and I have a new respect for Best Buy!

Thanks!

Andy Stocker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks