What's new

Dumb question... have you heard about the Tangerine Dream PT Cruiser? (1 Viewer)

Javier_Huerta

Supporting Actor
I *know* it's a dumb question...

But does the "Tangerine Dream" PT Cruiser have something to do with Tangerine Dream, the musical group?

The car itself is funky... a great shade of metallic orange. Funny thing is, I'd think they would not name the car after an existing group.

Or so I think.

Joe Cole

Second Unit
Hi Javier,

I am the proud owner of a 2003 PT Dream Series II Cruiser GT, It's color is called Tangerine by Chrysler and has nothing to do with the band. The first Dream Cruiser, the Series I was a mustard yellow and did not have a Turbo charged motor. 220 hp makes the little throw back move on down the road well.

And its 6 disk CD changer plays my hybrid SACD's cd layer with no problems. At least not so far. Norah Jones sounds great in it. [this should tie the question into the music section] :)

Javier_Huerta

Supporting Actor
Hi Joe! Thanks for your e-mail.

Your clarification was definitely in order, and now I know where my confusion began. My fiancée works at DaimlerChrysler, and she tells me the car is indeed called the "Tangerine Dream" - but only in México. We didn't get the Dream I Cruiser, so I guess it didn't make much sense for them to call it the Dream II Tangerine. Funny thing is, they actually have to offer the fully loaded PT Cruiser Turbo to employees at a *lower* price than the Neon R/T - because nobody in México likes the looks of the PT!

What's *even* more funny is that she has her heart set on *that* car... I'll look pretty wimpy in my 172 HP Renáult Clio Sport now. :)

Thanks for the clarification!

Javier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks