What's new

dumb question but was wondering (1 Viewer)

raoC

Stunt Coordinator
so we all know that new digital sound formats will come out with bluray or hd-dvds and what not but do you guys see speakers changing that much? in terms of technology or connections to a reciever? Reason im asking is im upgrading my stuff and decided to wait on reciever but feel like i should hunt for speakers since i think speakers wont change, but will they?

thks.

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
That's a great question......when I was recently looking at the Newform Reseach website, it says that they just redesigned their line to make sure it was digitally compatible. I have no clue as to what he's talking about, but would love to have someone in the know explain it a little.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
The Bose rep told me the 3-2-1 GS was digital ready!!!

:D

Basically, if ANYTHING, you will need to have a system that is capable of reproducing more dynamic sound (as opposed to Pro Logic systems of old, with their tiny surrounds and such) - but most systems are fine and this is the case with DD and DTS.

If you have ever heard a 20 KHz. test tone, I would not worry about having speakers that go up to 100 KHz. or anything.

First, we need these formats, that could take some time.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
The Bose rep told me the 3-2-1 GS was digital ready!!!

:D

Basically, if ANYTHING, you will need to have a system that is capable of reproducing more dynamic sound (as opposed to Pro Logic systems of old, with their tiny surrounds and such) - but most systems are fine and this is the case with DD and DTS.

If you have ever heard a 20 KHz. test tone, I would not worry about having speakers that go up to 100 KHz. or anything.

First, we need these formats, that could take some time.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Speakers are the slowest of all the componenets to change.
Digital ready is bullshit (and newform research sounds like they are too).
Good speakers can last you 10 years or more without needing to uopgrade because the technology doesn't change much, just the marketing.
Amps, receivers and sources change MUCH quicker.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks