What's new

dumb question about speaker wire (1 Viewer)

Dave Gorman

Supporting Actor
Let me preface this by saying that I'm a movie buff, but pretty dumb when it comes to the physical & hardware aspects of home theater.

Also, this seemed like a good place for this question, but if it is misplaced, I apologize.

That having been said, will it hurt anything to have the wire to one of my rear speakers about 15 feet longer than the other?

Dave Gorman

Supporting Actor
Thanks a lot, Vince. There's a lot of good info in those linked threads if I had bothered to do a search!

Westly T

Second Unit
I saved this long ago from from this forum:
The following was written by Harv Jeane from www.DigitalTheater.com His bios is as follows...
Harvey was formally trained as an Electrical Engineer with an emphasis on digital systems and computer science. He has always been interested in technology and reads extensively in a variety of technical disciplines.
Harvey is currently retired from the computer software industry. Most recently, he was president and CEO of Optika, a Colorado based software firm. Prior to that, he was vice president of R&D at Ashton-Tate, the developers of dBASE. Harvey has been around computers and electronic equipment his entire life. Before getting into computer software, he designed computers, communication equipment and other electronic systems. For 13 years he worked at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (Caltech/NASA) designing flight and ground computers for spacecraft. All the pictures you see from Jupiter, Mars, Saturn, Venus, etc. were taken from spacecraft designed and launched by JPL. Harvey worked on the design teams for about 10 of these planetary missions.
This was borrowed from http://www.digitaltheater.com/pictures/harv/

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Wes,

I cleaned up your text a little (added some line breaks to aid readability and added quotes to make clear this was quoted article).

Great piece though, thanks for posting it!

-Vince

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks