Dukes of Hazzard -- was it just a dream?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Dane Marvin, Aug 10, 2003.

1. Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin Screenwriter

I believe I remember seeing a news item regarding The Dukes of Hazzard on DVD. The DVD rights holder (was it Warner?) commented that it's in this works. Perhaps, Ron, you could bring up this title when you visit Warner?

2. greg_t

greg_t Screenwriter

Warner stated in the chat last April that Dukes and a few others were in the works and that details would be coming soon. Nothing new to report since, or not that I've heard.

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Warner has said nothing new publicly since the HTF chat, where I asked them to comment about Smallville, E.R., and Dukes of Hazzard season sets, and they replied that all those ("and more") were in-the-works.

Hazzard has been released in Europe, albeit in best-of discs. Based on the chat, I think we can expect season sets here in the states.

During my vacation trip this past week, I saw a large number of people sporting Dukes of Hazzard t-shirts, hats, license plate frames, etc. Of course, part of my vacation took me through Georgia, so that's kind of natural for the region. [​IMG] However, I think it's safe to say that this show is fondly remembered across America.

Also keep in mind that a remake is being rumored (please, no comments about the casting, other than the thought of Spears in Daisy Duke cutoffs!):

I don't view AICN as the best possible source, but if this is true then they might wait to make it a tie-in.

4. Shaun Guidolin

There is a lot of music rights issue on this series..

BUT if that re-make happens, and most likely it will.. I'd expect the set to not come out until around that time.

5. Brent Bridgeman

Brent Bridgeman Second Unit

Brent Bridgeman

Hey! I resemble that remark! I've actually seen a couple of General Lee's driving down I-85, but that was back when they used to have the Dukes "conventions" over near Covington, about where the show was supposed to be set (there used to be an actual Boar's Nest). I've been thinking of painting my Civic Hybrid bright orange and painting a confederate flag on the top, but I'm not sure it would go with my sticker of Calvin peeing on the number 8.