Dukes of Hazzard season 5

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by rapier, Aug 20, 2005.

1. rapier

rapier Auditioning

im sort of getting worried. havent heard any news for the coy and vince season #5. wonder if there going bring it.

2. SteveVM

SteveVM Stunt Coordinator

Not sure if I will buy S5
    I hated Coy & Vance.

I probably will buy just to complete my set though.

3. RogerH

RogerH Supporting Actor

Give'em time Season 4 just came out a few weeks ago.

4. rapier

rapier Auditioning

thats true but it didnt take them long to announce season 4. got to reamber were talking about the dreaded coy and vince season.

5. RogerH

RogerH Supporting Actor

I'm sure we'll hear something in the next few months (maybe a xmas release)

6. MarkDukes

MarkDukes Stunt Coordinator

I'll be buying Season 5 on the day of release--there are still Bo and Luke episodes in it, as well. But hey, I don't have anything against Coy and Vance anyway.

My hope is that they package or release both Seasons 5 & 6 together, but I think that is just wishful thinking.

Or better yet, add episodes of the old "Enos" show to Season 5 as a bonus, using the ones that featured guest appearances by Dukes cast members.

Either way, I'm buying it---Coy and Vance and all!

7. Paul Miller

Paul Miller Supporting Actor

The Dukes of Hazzard does have the word Dukes in the show, but I really think this show was more of an ensemble show. Sure I liked Bo & Luke, but I also watched it for Daisy, Roscoe, Boss Hog, and Uncle Jessie and I didn't stop buying when Enos left and I loved him and Daisy together.

Paul

8. RogerH

RogerH Supporting Actor

I don't mind Coy and Vance either.

9. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Funny thing is, I understand it doesn't get much better once Bo and Luke come back. Aliens, robots, etc. To tell the truth, the quality has really dropped with season four anyway. I'm only a few episodes in, but some of them have been really bad.

10. MarkDukes

MarkDukes Stunt Coordinator

Wow, I'm kinda surprised you say that...I think Season 4 is one of the best.

The alien/robot fiasco were the last couple episodes of the entire series, and yeah, they were a little hokey! By that time, they had just run out of ideas.

However, some of the best shows they ever did appear in both Seasons 6 and 7---with Waylon Jennings as a guest, the double Rosco's, the story of the birth of the General Lee, the serial killer after Enos, etc. etc.

11. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    I'm only six in, so maybe it gets better, but I'm talking about really stupid stuff like when the electronic flipping speed sign causes everything to go haywire at the Boar's Nest, including money flying out of the cash register. I know we're talking about the Dukes, which can be silly at times, but that was too much. Also, it's pushing things when you have people put on masks that make them look identical to Bo and Luke. I think in past seasons, they would just have two guys who somewhat resembled Bo and Luke pull off a job, so that eyewitnesses would mistake them for the boys. In fact, I think that did happen in some earlier episode. Finally, they have really been pushing things with the boys getting away with parole violations such as in the Coltrane vs. Duke episode when they were over the line in the next county and they even got out of the car surrounded by the law and nothing happened to them.

A couple of the other episodes were pretty good, though, and it was kind of a surprise to see Will Riker.

I'm not familiar with the last couple of seasons, and I am definitely in until the end. I'm glad to hear you like most of those episodes.

12. RogerH

RogerH Supporting Actor

I won't be getting off this ride til we have all of them [​IMG]