What's new

Dukes of Hazzard Season 5 News??? (1 Viewer)

MarkDukes

Stunt Coordinator
I figured we would have heard news on the release of Season 5 by now. I'm getting nervous! Anyone heard anything?

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Haven't heard anything unfortunately. This is one of my favorite seasons, so it can't come soon enough.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I'm sure season 5 will be out in time for the DVD release of the movie, so I'm guessing December or January.

You can't say WB isn't doing a great job so far with these though.

Joe:C

Second Unit
Season 4 is coming out in August so Jay is probably right about the time frame for Season 5.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

I agree! And as long as the fans continue to purchase the season sets including the ones with Coy & Vance (Hint Hint to all)
I think we will see all 7 seasons.
Now, if we could only get them to throw in the one season of "Enos" then we'd oficially have "The Entire Collection"

MarkDukes

Stunt Coordinator
I'm really beginning to think that Warner might include some episodes of ENOS as a bonus feature to coax those who might be timid to purchase b/c of the Coy and Vance character replacements. Even though the characters Bo and Luke return later in the 5th season, some still may be nervous to purchase.

I would include the episodes of ENOS that featured guest appearances by DUKES cast members...I believe Uncle Jesse, Daisy and Rosco all appeared as a guest on the ENOS show.

Jon_Gu

Stunt Coordinator
I'm still hoping the two reunion movies might be included with the S7 release. S7 is only 17 episodes, so the movies would fill out the release nicely. :D

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Why the hurry? I can wait, season 4 will be out soon enough and I'm not in a hurry for the dreaful coy and vance adventures.:angry:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I think it's because there is some concern that WB might skip the 5th season. I don't think they will, but some will rest easier once a date is mentioned.

Clay_E

Second Unit
Which season had the episode where Boss Hogg had Daisy hypnotized into thinking she was an heiress or something? I know it was later on in the show's run, but it definitely wasn't a Coy and Vance episode....

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Looks like the new film is getting critically panned and the TV Series is taking unnecessary criticism from almost every movie critic out there basically saying basing a film off of garbage gives you garbage, not my thoughts or their words but their sentiments.

Could box office failure affect hopes of getting the rest of these? Can it hurt sales? I think most fans of the series have their minds made up but some johnnycomelatelies may wrongly judge the series via the film, and if not the film, then the reviews degrading the series.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Nah. I understand the sets have been selling like mad, and the show is doing very well on Spike, or whatever that's called. Maybe people not liking Coy and Vance will affect the momentum, though. But, not this movie.

MarkDukes

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I was also afraid about these negative movie reviews. Gord, what are your thoughts on the negative reviews of the movie possibly affecting the continued release of the series on DVD? Is the DUKES on DVD still selling well?

I could care less about the movie---I won't be seeing it---but I have to have all 7 seasons of the series. 4 down, and so close to finishing.

Gord, what do you know? Give us a hint! :)

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
All these bad reviews could hurt our chances of getting Enos ;->

Honestly, as long as the DVDs sell well and apparently they have been, why would they stop before they are finished?

Paul

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I just hope it bombs so maybe Hollywood will slow down on the remakes--at least, the ones that don't respect the original material. I know, someone's going to say, "How can you respect the original material when it's the Dukes of Hazzard?" If Hollywood could find someone who doesn't feel that way, I might have been going to the theater this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks