Dukes of Hazzard Season 2

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by MarkDukes, Jul 8, 2004.

1. MarkDukes

MarkDukes Stunt Coordinator

With the apparent success of the "Dukes of Hazzard: The Complete First Season", I am assuming we will see future seasons released.

Does anyone have any firm or even rumored information about a Season 2 release?

And to "Dukes" fans out there, what would you expect to see as extras on upcoming releases?

For Season 2, I hope we are treated to a "Behind the Scenes" documentary on the "Dukes", and more cast commentary. I am hoping for commentary by Tom Wopat, John Schneider and Catherine Bach on "Ghost of General Lee" (named by many cast members as their favorite episode) and also have James Best, Sonny Shroyer and Ben Jones do a separate commentary on this episode. It would seem appropriate for Bach and Shroyer to do commentary on "Office Daisy Duke" as well.

I also hope Byron Cherry ("Coy") and Christoper Mayer ("Vance") are involved with the release for Season 5. Finally, the two reunion movies are a must for a DVD extra on any upcoming season release...does anyone think the chances are good for this?

2. Paul Miller

Paul Miller Supporting Actor

You should use question marks or people will think these posts contain news.

Paul

3. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Well, how about rumor? According to a couple of posts on the WB message boards, someone called WB and asked about season 2, and were told it'll be out in Oct. or Nov. No idea if it's true, but it would be welcome news.

4. Vince Antrim

Vince Antrim Agent

What I would like to see is Tom Wopat. Why wasn't he involved with the first set??

5. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory
    What about Enis and the Dukes cartoons? Both very good and both very fan friendly. At least as bonus features. Maybe some pics of the toys would be nice.

6. Greg_S_H

Greg
    There is a thing called Dukesfest 2004 happening today and tomorrow. Sounds like a great time for a second season announcement.

7. Greg_S_H

Greg
  8. Eugene Esterly

Eugene Esterly Supporting Actor

I would also love to have the Dukes cartoon on DVD. Since Warner does read this Home Theater Forum, Warner, It would be a great idea to release the Dukes cartoon on DVD. What would be a great idea is for Warner to release the Dukes cartoon & package it in with one of the remaining Dukes Of Hazzard season releases.

9. Greg_S_H

Greg
    Well, it looks like this is coming early next year. Nothing specific, but 1st Quarter is confirmed right now on TVShows.