Dukes of Hazzard: now single sided discs

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by MarkDukes, Sep 25, 2005.

1. MarkDukes

MarkDukes Stunt Coordinator

With the release of Season 4, THE DUKES OF HAZZARD sets are now single-sided disc affairs. Season 5, out in December, is also single-sided discs.

Is there any chance Warner will re-release the first 3 sets using the single-sided configuration? (PLEASE, Warner?)

2. ElijahS

ElijahS Supporting Actor

I don't think they would, since it would require a large-scale overhaul of the packaging. Even though they've released the first seasons of The O.C. and Gilmore Girls in their newer packaging, the discs were already single-sided. Switching the first three seasons of Dukes would require a good bit more in terms of work. It's a nice thought, though (and I wish they could've done it for The West Wing, personally).

3. Dan*T

Dan*T Supporting Actor

Well, better late than never I guess..
    I too hate the double sided discs. Has anyone noticed a difference in picture quality between the two?
    If not, then it's more of a convienience issue with me than anything else.
    I'm just happy that they are releasing them in the timeframe that they are. But I'm still hoping for "Enos" to be released!![​IMG]

4. ThomasMon

ThomasMon Stunt Coordinator

I have to agree, I would re buy with single sided disks as well.

Yeah, can't wait for Enos!

5. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Cinematographer

I think it would be possible if Warner Brothers would offer a short of promotion for fans who already own the previous sets to send in their already purchased copies for single sided DVD's along with new box cases for the sets.

6. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I wanna trade mine in for a set of VHS tapes, with one show on each tape. That'll look real nice on my shelf and make it a helluva lot easier to find each episode. Besides, DVDs are too small and easy to scratch.

7. ThomasMon

ThomasMon Stunt Coordinator

I still have my Columbia House VHS of the Dukes :)