What's new

Duke Nukem Forever.... beyond a joke. (1 Viewer)

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
There is no way in hell Quake IV will make it out before Doom III. I sat in on the round table with Jake Simpson this year at QuakeCon 2002 and he basically said don't expect Quake IV unitl atleast 6 months after Doom III releases.

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
Okay, Gamespot has Duke Nukem Forever ( http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters...448848,00.html ) listed with a released date of 4/14/2003 for PC. Well, took them a long time to get this game done.
Duke Nukem Forever is also listed on Gamespot as coming to XBOX, PS2 & Gamecube. XBOX version & Gamecube version is listed as TBA (To Be Announced) while the PS2 version is listed with a release date of 2/15/2003. Cool, I own a PS2 & I will definatly purchasethe PS2 version of DNF since I have been waiting almost 5 years for this game.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't hold my breath about those dates, especially the fact that its coming out to PS2 and Xbox as its only been announced for GameCube and PC so far.

I do remember the producer of the game saying that press information will start coming out in a steady stream when the game gets about 6 months away from release, and I haven't recieved anything or seen anything out there about this game.

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
Well, even though Gamespot has dates listed for the PC/PS2 version of DNF, I probably won't believe those dates since, in the video game market, a lot of games are not released on the so-called release dates.

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
Also, let's not forget that Gamespot and EB have a tendency to make up ("estimate") release dates out of thin air for titles they don't have any solid information on.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Holy thread resurrect. All that for a roll-eyes Paul?

I guess that DNF is dead... pity.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
I usually wait until the "deluxe" or "game of the year" edition so I don't have to download tons of patches. If I'm going to be a beta tester, I'd rather not have to pay for the privilege.
Hate to weigh in on this issue, but Daikatana was a horrible game, hype or no hype. Had the game been released early (or ahead of schedule), the graphics may have been commended, but the gameplay is bad for 1985 or 2005. It simply wasn't fun. But we all know games just aren't about the graphics. Err, right?
:D s

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I think Paul is the Ghost of DNF Past. Come to haunt us since the Ghost of DNF Present and DNF Future both have developed severe drinking habits.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
What year is Duke Nukem supposed to take place? I always assumed it was sometime in the future. Perhaps they are just waiting until it becomes present day. :D

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
The smilie says everything that needs to be said. Why crowd a post with useless words? :D

Ben_@

Stunt Coordinator
It seems rather surprising that they didn't decide to make DNF with its own engine a long time ago. Working with an older engine almost automatically puts you at a disadvantage as far as "ohhh ahhh" factor. Never the less, when(if?) this beast finally rolls out the door, it will be to a hungry audience. Obviously 3D Realms wants it to look and play its best (bless them for having high standards). Heck, if just making the game was this epic struggle, then imagine how they'll hype it when its ready.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Jez, I'm starting to think this game doesn't even exist outside of rumors, LOL. When's the last time we saw screenshots anyways? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks