What's new

Duke loses (1 Viewer)

DonnyD

Screenwriter
I've been a college basketball fan for a long time....... but I've never seen worse officiating at any level than in this one. Nevertheless, salute to Indiana......

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Wow, that's going to screw up sooooo many peoples brackets.

Congrats to Indiana.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Amazing! Indiana trails until 1:20 left, and then wins!

Sounds good to me, if KSU can beat Pitt, they actually have a shot against Indiana. I kinda feared Kent vs Duke that Duke would slap Kent down.

-V

Evan Case

Screenwriter
No Vince,
Pitt must win. :) (Actually, I generally don't give a hoot about basketball--it's just that it's great to have the campus buzzing with so much energy.)
Evan

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Needless to say, here in Indy the place is going to be nuts for the next 2 days. Mike Davis really earned this. Talk about leaving Bob Knight's shadow.

And people were ready to run Davis out last year thinking he couldn't coach.

Even a Purdue guy like me can appreciate and enjoy this kind of IU win, especially with Butler out of the NIT.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
That was quite a game. Duke played terrible throughout the entire second half and deserved to lose the game. The Hoosiers earned this win -- the officials did not give it to them. Heck, if Boozer hadn't panicked on that last second shot after rebounding the missed free throw, Duke still would have won.

I had Duke losing to Kansas in the finals. I still have three of my Final Four left, though -- Oklahoma and UConn along with Kansas.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I've certainly got a smile on my face.
Oh well, time to see Kentucky's season come to an end at Maryland's hands. :frowning:
Oh well, at least Duke ain't winning it all. If Kentucky goes down tommorow, I'm behind Maryland, the only ACC team I don't hate.

Adil M

Supporting Actor
There was a lot of bad officiating which crippled Duke, not that Indiana didn't slaughter Duke on the inside. I was quite annoyed w/ the "soft play" of Duke towards the end. I blame the officiating. Many bad calls which screwed Duke through. A couple of times it looked like even the officials were like, "Oh, shit!" And Boozer should have made that shot despite getting smacked in the face/fouled. JDub should have made the feree throw and well... good luck Indiana.

I had a feeling all year that Duke just wasn't coming around. Let the Duke-haters rejoice, b/c their teams aren't going anywhere either.

Steve Clark

Second Unit
Great win for the Big Ten, which was much maligned this year. Nice to see the pampered and spoiled Dukies not get all the officiating calls for a change.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
There was a lot of bad officiating which crippled Duke
So what?? The officials had the whistles in their pockets the last seven minutes when ND was on offense last Saturday. They refused to call anything on Boozer or Dunleavy.

Duke has no one to blame but themselves. They had a huge lead, a free throw to tie, and two shots to win. They blew it.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Well, Pitt lost. That threw my bracket but it's good to see the underdog come through. I'm elated that Mizzou won! Indiana beat Duke...heck Kentucky might beat Maryland.
This has been a "wack" tourney. :D

Tom Reed

Agent
It is going crazy down here in Bloomington. Being an IU student I am so excited and can't wait to play Kent State again. The officating wasn't bad at all I have no clue what you Duke/Vitale lovers are talking about. We were getting screwed the whole first half. Anyways Mike Davis deserves all the credit in the world for everything he has gone through over the last 2 years. I think this win puts him up on the list of the top coaches in NCAA right now. I can't wait for Saturday. Well I need to get back to the party....did I mention it is crazy down here.

Tom Reed

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
MIZZOU-RAH!!!!! My Tigers get it done again. OK beat us earlier in the season, so now it's time for some payback.

I'm here in Atlanta, so I could go if they make the F4, but tix are $1,000+ if you like to actually be able to see the court.

Gregory E

Second Unit
Well, being that I'm from Kentucky and have blue blood racing through my vains...I'm am so happy to see Duke go down. I'm not a big Indiana fan either, but since they beat the evil Blue Devils and finally got rid of that A-hole Bobby Knight...they're ok in my book! :D

Tom Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, the officials definitely lost this game. The trail official couldn't hit from three to save his life and the lead official just wasn't hustling and was constantly out-muscled underneath.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks