duel sided DVDs

Discussion in 'DVD' started by bob kaplan, Nov 15, 2003.

1. bob kaplan

bob kaplan Supporting Actor

bob kaplan
    After watching MGM's second season of THE OUTER LIMITS...i realized that i would find it much easier to keep track of which side the disc was being watched if the small ring of information in the center of the disc were different colors on each side of the disc...and the insert with the programs relating the eposides to that color...
    hummmmmm....i hope that makes sense...and i would be appreciated with further releases....if possible.
    thanks.
    b

2. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

an old problem, and like you suggest, easy to solve, but seems no one gives a damn [​IMG]

I wish someone would give the designers hell for all the illegible or missing info on the DVD package covers.

3. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    Sure Thing (Stomper CD labeler) sells donut ring ("hub")labels which you can apply to the center of DVD's. They have software (downloadable) which creates a template. They are cheap and do the job for two-sided DVD's.

http://www.surething.com/ST/Product.asp?ProdCode=20006

4. Craig Robertson

Craig Robertson Supporting Actor

thanks, Dick! this is a great idea for labeling discs as mine, or for labeling the two sides of dual sided discs like ER 1st season. the only difference between sides is the microscopic "A" or "B" after the disc id number on the hub.