What's new

Duel Shiva Transmission line (1 Viewer)

Stuart Mundy

Agent
Hi all looking for some advice on building a duel shiva transmission line sub, I'm currently running a Shiva 142ltr EBS as well as a 88ltr sealed Shiva, and I am looking for a new project.
I've come across a couple of sites regarding TL's and they have really got my interest up, I am now probably 30% movies and 70% music, I have some 10" PVC pipe in 6' lenghts and am itching to do something with them.
I was thinking about building a 14" box to mount the tube to similar to this http://www.t-linespeakers.org/projects/steve/index.html can someone advise whether the smaller length & diamter tube would be any good and also should the tube be stuffed like a sealed sub or lined ?
Cheers
Stuart

Greg Monfort

Supporting Actor
As pipe CSA decreases, pipe length decreases and LF output rolls off. Using MJK's worksheet, a 10" pipe ~130" long will tune it down to Fs with a ~6dB/octave roll off beginning around 60Hz, which is pretty much the HF XO point due to a wide/deep notch from ~70-102Hz. Doing a ~140" line 14" square is ~6dB more efficient and goes a bit lower.

Download the Mathcad demo if you don't have a licensed version 8 or newer and MJK's worksheet to sim it at http://www.quarter-wave.com/

GM

TimForman

Supporting Actor
If you can do a full length line as Greg is suggesting stuffing will be minimal. I used a large amount of stuffing so I could shorten the line length and simulate a longer one. Using MJK's worksheet will get you going in the right direction but in the end you'll want to experiment with different amounts of stuffing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks