What's new

Due South is coming! (1 Viewer)

Corey_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
According to the latest from Amazon.ca the release date now reads May 5, 2005!!!!!

I cannot believe we have been teased with this release date so much. First the end of January, then April, now May of next year. UGH!

This show cannot come out soon enough.

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
I spoke with Elyse (of William and Elyse's Due South site), and she agreed the problem with the final season release is music clearance issues. Something may have been missed in the DVD development process ...

Due South tended to use a lot of current music as background, and you figure this last series was released in what - 1997? 1998? The TV on DVD market was still a few years away. So the rights weren't cleared for DVD at the time the series was made. And apparently the rights weren't cleared before the release announcement was made, either.

Another year, huh? Oy.

Sam Owens

Stunt Coordinator
This is starting to get rather annoying... :angry:
(Still, provided Amazon keeps my order open, I'll be happy when - or should that be if - I get the DVD)

Moe*A

Stunt Coordinator
I thought I would give this thread bump as the set has been released this past Monday and I had mine delivered today, it is only half a season with the pilot but it is better then nothing also no double sided discs this time round. Anyone else picking this up

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Could you recap what is available? I only have the first season. I'll probably order the rest online or wait until the next time I go up to BC.

Moe*A

Stunt Coordinator
S1 and S2 have been available for sometime now and this week S3 was released this includes the first 14 episodes which were filmed for S3 (filmed as 26 episodes but split into two season or shown as a whole depending on where you where watching) this set also includes the pilot episode which was not included with S1 as there some legal issue which I imagine have now been ironed out.

ScottCor

Stunt Coordinator
UGH!!!..nice of them to stretch it out for a 4th season..when the first two were released complete...it's nice to have this series on DVD but they have done a awful job at releasing this set..packaging, delays, no extras , no pilot with the first season, splitting up victoria's secret so you have to flip it..now this...awful.
but I still want it :D

ScottCor

Stunt Coordinator
Might be able to answer that this week, I have season 1 on the way. Released on the Sept 21st. It would be nice if it was packaged better.

Laura Nicholson

Stunt Coordinator

I just received them yesterday. They are still double sided and still in the crappy packaging. All of the disks in S1 were loose (2 scuffed, 1 scratched), the single sided disk from S2 was loose and disks 1 & 3 were loose in S3. I'm going to have to check to see if any need to be returned.

Any news on S4 yet?:b

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Repackaging would be nice, but I suspect it is the same packaging. I think it is simply a marketing plan to be able to sell 3 seasons at once.

The packaging on Season 1 is so bad I had to put the 3rd disc in a separate case. I was afraid I was going to break the disc trying to get it out of the original case.

Corey_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
I just got season 3 today...discs 1 & 2 were loose and look a bit scuffed. I'll have to check them out too. Season 2's 2nd disc was scratched when I got it, and had to get a new one shipped to me. Hope I don't have to get this one replaced too.

ScottCor

Stunt Coordinator
Corey,

How did you go about replacing the one disc??..did you have to send the old one to Amazon or Alliance?...Just got my set and disc one is badly scuffed and scratched a few episodes play all garbled because of it.

thanks for any info

Corey_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Scott -

Thought I had replied to this, but for some reason it didn't show up...maybe I forgot to submit reply. Anyway, when you go to Amazon's site, under your account, you can view your past orders. View the order and you should be able to go right to their return center. Fill out the info, tell them you want a replacement, and they'll send you one. The cost is so much, they will not ask you to ship it from the states.

Hope this helps.

Corey

ScottCor

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Corey..I went ahead and did that, and that's what their going to do. Do they send a whole new set or just the one disc?. Anyways it's on it's way let's hope this one works.

LCD22

Screenwriter
Was Alliance Atlantis able to keep all of the music from the three "Due South" releases so far? I'm assuming they did since I haven't really read otherwise.

Corey_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Just in case you didn't know, the final season is coming Sept. 27th. Amazon.ca & TVShowsOnDVD have the cover art. Looks like Paul Gross did a commentary. Can't wait!!!

Corey

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks