What's new

Duct and cover (1 Viewer)

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
What do you all think of the recommendation to duct tape and put up plastic sheets in a room in your house to protect against an attack? Considering the fact that plastic wouldn't stop a lot of chemicals and won't do anything for radiation and the only way to seal the house would be to totally make it airtight with its own internal life support system.

Anyone out there "protecting" their home?

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
What do you all think of the recommendation to duct tape and put up plastic sheets in a room in your house to protect against an attack?
Are they also advising to turn off your heating/air conditioning once you've "sealed" your room up?

Seth_L

Screenwriter
I think the media needs something else to do other than working people into a panic.

I mean think about it. Would you rather go in the first wave, or would your rather deal with the post nuclear attack situation?

Seth

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I mean think about it. Would you rather go in the first wave, or would your rather deal with the post nuclear attack situation?
And what about those that don't go after the first attack? The whole mutating humanoid thing and the zombies! I'd rather buy a good assault rifle to defend my house from zombies than plastic sheets and duct tape that won't let me do anything except change out my shower curtain liner.

But there is a run on plastic sheets and duct tape at hardware stores so some people out there must be buying into this.

Mark C Sherman

Second Unit
The news people are working with the PLASTIC SHEET and DUCT tape manufacturers this way they can in prove sales.

I wonder if Peter Jennings gets a Kick Back

Its the same In Boston When ever there is a Surplus of milk. The Farmers tell the weather man to Warn of a possible Nor'ester that way sales go through the roof.:D :

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Well, I just draped my house in plastic. Had a few leaks due to the heavy rains. Time for a new roof.

Yeah, I currently live in a bubble.

Peace Out~:D

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
Hahaha. A large grocery store chain is having a HUGE sale on batteries, canned goods (spam), candles, etc. and coined it "BE PREPARED".

Watch the news on a given night (or day) and you will see why this nation lives in fear 24/7.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
With CNN flashing photos of all these books available on the subject of duct tape, I can't help but thinking what great satire could be created out of this whole situation by the folks who write THE RED GREEN SHOW.

Jin E

Second Unit
There was some good late night one liners on this subject last night. Instead of Dept of homeland security it should be called Department of Home Depot. The Dept of H.S. announced some guidlines to follow just in case of an attack, one of them being if you see a large explosion like that of a nuclear bomb you should drop on the ground and cover your head for about 120 years.

Me... I just stocked up on cigars, beer, and wine :D

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
All I know is that nothing better happen next week. I'm closing on my house and I need the banks to be open on thursday. I'll be seriously pissed off if something happens and they have to shut stuff down. I will personally send my bill to the terrorists and they better pay.

Julie K

Screenwriter
My opinion is that plastic sheeting and duct tape will do about as much good as lying down and putting a paper bag over your head.

However, I do think it's prudent to have water, food, camping stoves, spare cash, candles, and so on. I've thought this long before the current hysteria and media feeding frenzy. It's a good idea to be prepared in case of earthquakes, tornadoes, ice storms, etc. etc. Just because many folks are being panicked into impulse buying of things they don't need, doesn't mean that the calmer folks shouldn't prepare for the very real natural disasters that almost every region experiences at regular intervals.

Julie K

Screenwriter
My opinion is that plastic sheeting and duct tape will do about as much good as lying down and putting a paper bag over your head.
Well, I'm wrong. I've just realized that plastic and duct tape are very useful to have in case of biological, chemical, or nuclear attacks.

You can wrap up the corpses in the plastic, tape 'em up, and have nice neat, sealed packages!

Everyone feel better now?

Jared_B

Supporting Actor
I can't believe the gullibility of some people. Just because it's on the news does not make it true.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks