What's new

Duckman? (1 Viewer)

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
I'd like this on DVD. Most likely this thread was duely inspired by watching episodes late night Sunday on Comedy Central? I would assume so.
IS there anyway to find out as to who DOES own the rights to the show? We could always try the internet.
Hey! Go here:TV Tome and type in 'Duckman'. I hope the rights owners are listed there. Hope I could help!
;)

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
It's Paramount actually. Last_year I asked Mr. Blythe whether there was any chance of it coming and he said it wasn't being worked on. I also wrote a snail mail to Paramount which I got a reply to. It basically said that it wasn't being worked on. I really hope that Paramount does see fit to release it at some point down the road. Easily one of my favorite shows and I wouldn't hesitate to hand over my cash tp own all 70 episodes on DVD.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Steve, thanks for the clarification on rights holders, and it is a bummer that Paramount isn't working on it. I hope they release this, it was more of an adult cartoon and those appear to be doing well on DVD.

Eric_Connelly

Second Unit
Actually I didn't know it was on TV last week at all.

I just saw another thread with the word Duck in it and it hit me :)

Is it going to be on again anytime soon?

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
According to a post yesterday from the alt.tv.duckman usenet group, the most recent newsletter from Klasky-Csupo (the animation company that did Duckman, as well as Rugrats, the first three seasons of The Simpsons, etc) says that Paramount will be releasing Duckman on DVD "Sometime in 2005."

Eric_R.

Stunt Coordinator
Good to hear. It would be nice to see it again. Loved that show as a kid when it was on late at night.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
This is one of my favorite series, ever. I was hoping it'd show up on "Adult Swim", but if Paramount is involved, I guess I can kiss that dream goodbye. Also, I was just talking about this with a coworker a couple days ago. We were assuming it had to do with Jason Alexander (or any other cast member, he just seemed the most likely candidate) holding back on the DVD rights like what happened with "Seinfeld". Any word on if this might be contributing to the delay?

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
. I always just figured it was because Paramount didn't think it would sell.
At any rate, this has always been a show I'd kill to own (luckily it looks like I won't have to murder anyone) so hopefully the rumor is true.
I'd buy the show barebones but I'd really love some extras.
"Pour the wine and cut the cheese"

Sean Aaron

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Aaron
I only saw an handful of episodes when it was on USA, but the schedule was so erratic I couldn't see it all the time, so I'd definitely pick this up just to see all the episodes I missed.

Wow, 70 episodes? I figured this one went a couple of seasons, tops. Very much looking forward to the complete series coming to DVD!

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
This is one show I'm eagerly awaitinig to buy! What were the two pink and blue bears Duckman always used to kill when he got annoyed as a running gag names? I forgot. I used to watch this every now and then when it used to come on late night on Comedy Central.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Oh no, not those again.

What was it... couldn't find a member of the Zappa family to sign off on some paperwork, so we lose his entire score for the first season?

I hope this just winds up to be Paramount being cautious and covering themselves like they did with Early Edition... but I fear the worst.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks