What's new

Dual VTF-2s or go the single sub route? (1 Viewer)

Shawn.G

Second Unit
If you change your mind i will buy a hsu vtf-2 from you to allow you more money for a better sub!!

Ted Ross

Second Unit
I bought a second VTF-2. I figure performance wise duals should equal 1 vtf-3 in the 20hz & 25hz range & should outperform it in the 30hz & higher range. Of course dual vtf-3s would be sweet, but expensive. I actually have room for a third vtf-2-perhaps in a month or 2 :). Ill post my dual stacked vtf-2 observations after I mess around with my setup some more

Ted Ross

Second Unit
I used a y cable coming out from the mono subwoofer pre-out on the reciever-to give me essentialy 2 preouts-& I used a y cable at each sub-to use both the left & right channels on the sub into one channel. I then have 2 digital coax cables(one from each sub) going to the 2 ends of the y cable on my receiver.

Ted Ross

Second Unit
Wow, the impact of adding a second VTF-2 was noticeable immediately. I now am able to run them in the max extension mode(25hz) & get some serious thumping in movies. I like it so much I think I am going to add a third vtf-2 :)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Hi Ted,
Sounds like your having fun with your duel VTF's. Maybe you have already tried this but I will throw it your way just in-case you have not. You can calibrate one to your liking then power it off then calibrate the other to the same. Lets say for the fun of it +2db each of them individually. OK then power both of them up and you will see that you are running +8db, a +6db boost if they are in the same corner or stacked in the corner. Sounds like you might be well on your way to the "tower of power"? ;)

Ted Ross

Second Unit
A little update: I had to rearrange my room & thus had no room for 2 vtf-2s stacked on top of each other. I traded in my 2 VTF-2s for one VTF-3(the place I bought/traded my Hsus provided the best customer service Ive ever encountered-way to go Sound World of Appleton, Wi!). As soon as I got the vtf-3 hooked up I fired up some test dvds & IMMEDIATELY noticed a difference. While 2 vtf-2s provided more punch over 1 vtf-2, 1 vtf-3 provided even more punch over the dual vtf-2s.The lower end is much more prevalent in the vtf-3 with HT-musically i had a hard time telling a difference. My only gripes is that i cant seem to get the VTF-3 to shut off automatically(I dont know what is up with that-anyone? or perhaps Ill call Hsu Research Mond)& the deep bass test cd that came with the vtf-3 has test tones that only go down to 25hz-the deep bass test cd that came with my vtf-2 included 20 & 16hz tones-the 2 frequencies Id like to test on the VTF-3. Overall I am very happy with the improvement-now i just need to figure out how to fit another vtf-3 in my room ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks