1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Dual SVS and Denon 5800 on the way

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Keith Carlascio, Jul 25, 2001.

1. Keith Carlascio

Keith Carlascio Stunt Coordinator

Well I went and did it. Sold off some of my stuff and got dual SVS 20s and the Samson 700 along with the Denon 5800.
    I am very happy with the guys over at SVS. Order this morning and already got a shipping notice. Wow!!! Tom was a great help in this purchase. A big thanks goes out to SVS. This is how all companies should operate.
    It going to be a busy weekend......

2. Jeremy Hegna

Jeremy Hegna Supporting Actor

Keith,
    Congrats, That's an incredible beginning to a phenomenal sound system. The 5800 is a gem [​IMG]
    How about the rest of your speakers, what are you going to use?
    Welcome to the 5800 club!!!
    Jeremy

3. MikeAF

MikeAF Stunt Coordinator

Keith,
    I ordered the same subs today, though I have not received my shipping info yet I can hardly wait to hook these puppies up. I haven't told the wife yet but she shouldn't have a problem since I also sold my old sub. You will probably have them before me so make sure you let us know how they are when you get them.
    Mike

4. Keith Carlascio

Thanks guys.
    Its really a start over. I got rid of a Sony TA-E9000ES Pre amp, Carver 5 channel Amp, 2 Marantz MA-500 a Smartdev CS-3X and 2 Atlantic Technology 350PBM subs.
    I am looking forward to the new toys though.
    I havn't told my wife either. I go by the "Its always easier to seek forgiveness than it is to get permission" rule
    I will let you know how it sounds

5. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

Keith, I think you'll find the 20-39cs package to be a bit of an improvement over the dual ATs...and the 5800 is a great receiver.
    Mike,
    we got your order confirmation a couple hours after Keith's. We'll be shipping your package out on thursday(or friday at the latest)
    TV

6. John Morris

John Morris Guest

Keith: I'm guessing that you ended up selling your stuff in a single lot for your $2K price. Congratulations... although I was hoping to buy either the MA-500s or the Carver amps.
    Your new setup should kick butt! Let us know how it performs when you get it all set up.
    ------------------
    Take Care,
    merc

7. Tom Vodhanel

Hey John,
    what's the word on the CS_U?
    like?
    TV

8. John Morris

John Morris Guest

TV: So far... like? Um no... love! After simple calibration and without any EQing yet, I couldn't wait and watched Toy Story 2 with the kids. Holy Cow, my initial impression is one that exceeds even my high expectations. From what I've heard so far, SVS has an incredible sub for sale! Easily worth the $1100 price tag... more to come on this sub after I get it room tweaked and get a chance to listen to it more.
    ------------------
    Take Care,
    merc

9. Trevor Schell

Trevor Schell Supporting Actor

Congrat on the new stuff.
    The Denon 5800 is a great receiver and you will be very pleased with the new subs.
    ------------------
    Trevor
    My HomeTheater S.E. Sonically Enhanced
    Updated new digital pictures!

10. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Keith:
    Congrats on three fine choices.
    What have you decided to use for your main speakers?
    Parker

11. Keith Carlascio

John: Yes I found someone to but the of lot
    Parker: Speakers are Atlantic Technology System 350 in a 7.1 Config
    The rest of the system is as follows:
    Toshiba SD-9200 DVD/DVD-A
    Toshiba 56H80 ISFed by Kevin Miller
    Toshiba DST-3000 STB
    JVC 7600 SVHS
    Kenwood KDM-425 200 disc CD
    Monster Power 2500(Thinking about getting a Richard Gray)
    Thanks for the feedback

12. BryanZ

BryanZ Screenwriter

Keith,
    Enjoy 'em! Just warn the neighbors when you will be calibrating them. [​IMG]

13. Scott Barnhart

Scott Barnhart Stunt Coordinator

Keith,
    If you don't mind my asking, where did you get your Denon 5800? Online, or Brick and Mortar? If online, what are the warranty issues?
    As you can probably guess, I am also interested in buying this receiver, but I can't afford it at full MSRP at my local dealer.
    Thanks,
    Scott
    ------------------
    Scott Barnhart
    [email protected]

14. Keith Carlascio

Scott: I got it a B+M. They are an autorized dealer. E-Mail me directly I will give you the info, although I am not sure if they will/can ship to WA.

15. Tom Vodhanel

Mike, just wanted to give you the update---unfortunately, your subwoofers won't be shipping until Friday noonish. we'll have 3 tracking numbers with your name on them later tommorrow afternoon. Sorry for the slight delay...but within 48 hours after the order isn't too bad [​IMG]
    John, it's very cool to hear you like the subwoofer. It's guys like you(who have high expectations!)that forced me to go over the design again and again and again.
    I don't really like to think about the hours involved in tweaking the CS_U, but when svs get's a *thumbs up* from a satisfied customer...it reminds me it'a a labor of love.
    also--not sure if you heard(read)yet. Tom Nousaine has requested a PAIR of the CS_U's/S1000 amplifier to be used for a future review.
    One Tom Nousaine review already published,a second in the works.John Kotches under our belt,and there's ANOTHER review being submitted to T$$ right now(Howard Ferstler reviewed a 16-46PC).
    not bad for being barely a year old huh?
    And this is really a drop in the bucket as far as Ron and I are concerned...and all from two guys bumping into one another on the HTF...
    TV