What's new

Dual subs with different series SVS? (1 Viewer)

iLIKEmovies

Auditioning
Real Name
Adam Latka
I've had a single SB-1000 for a while now and just happened upon a SB-2000. I was planning on just swapping them out and using to 1k in my bedroom or something then thought about running both in the living room. I know ideally you want to run two identical subs, but is there still a benefit to running these two? Or would I ultimately be hurting the bass clarity?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I will probably be in the minority here, but I'd be inclined to go with your initial plan. Of course, there's nothing to stop you from trying both subs, since you have them both. My thought is that the 2000 will play lower and cleaner than the 1000, and the 1000's lesser performance won't be removed by having the 2000 in the room. In other words, its relative negatives will still be there even with the 2000 playing, and that might lessen the benefits of the 2000.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
As @JohnRice says, you have them both [an enviable position] so I would try the dual route and then correct if your ears tell you to.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks