What's new

dual sized wall plates with binding posts (1 Viewer)

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I'm trying to find dual sized wall plates with binding posts in them for in wall speaker wire. The wire is already in the wall and it all goes to a dual sized wide empty wall plate. I'd like to get rid of the empty one and replace it with a dual sized plate with plenty of binding posts on it. Everything I've found so far has been single wide plates with up to 8 posts. I'd like a dual wide one with 8 (or more) posts.

Anyone seen one? Right now for my surrounds I just drilled a small hole in the middle and ran the bare cable through it to the surround speakers, but up front is where I have the problem for going from the wall to the receiver because of so many wire pairs.

Thanks!

Greg Robinson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Greg R
I'm looking for these type of wall plates as we speak. I get the Parts Express catalog and they have single plates with up to 4 posts, but that's it as far as I can tell. It's fine for me, since I have a single gang box at each speaker location, so I'll be putting a single plate with 2 binding posts on each box. But I'm wondering who else has them and where I can look at them. Anyone out there buy these from someone other than PartsExpress? thanks!

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Yeah I've got single plates at the speaker points but where all the cables run to near the floor for the receiver hookup I've got a dual plate...still looking.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Worse case, it wouldn’t be hard to make something suitable, using a blank plate and some binding posts like this from Parts Express:

Radio Shack has them, too, for twice the price (as usual).

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

I purchased some 12-port dual-gang boxes for $2.60 at milestek.com

60-10145 is one of the part numbers for a white colored one.

I do like how yours had the label portion which would be easier to label.

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
Here's a lesson I learned as a novice....

I part wall plates that had the little screw pin connections on the inside of the binding post....bad idea. I must have spent 30 mintues just to get the wire secured in the little pressure flap on the inside.

Lesson Learned:

Future wall plates had a identical binding post on the inside to secure the bare wire in the wall to...it took seconds and provided a secure/sturdy connection.

Ron

I think I got the wall plates from Audio Advisor (Niles-I think)

AndyF

Agent
These worked for me in my dual gang boxes:

They are from Parts Express:
261-422 8-hole wall-plate insert
091-1206 banana/binding speaker post connectors

Do a search for "Decora insert" on the Parts Express web site.

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks