1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Dual Shiva boxes started!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shade Watson, May 19, 2001.

1. Shade Watson

Shade Watson Stunt Coordinator

I started my Shiva box subs today. I am using the vented EBS alignment from Adire's web site. I started at about four o'clock and spent the rest of the day cutting out all of the 4" brace holes, 36 in all. I am going to cut the driver and vent holes tomorrow.
    The reason I chose dual boxes, instead of one big sonotube, is because I want to use them as stands for my nOrh 6.5s. Also I want to cover them with a nice rich looking wood veneer.
    Currently I am planning on cutting some simple legs from hardwood. Does anyone have any good ideas about where to buy some attractive wood legs for a box sub?

2. Seungsoo Hwang

Seungsoo Hwang Stunt Coordinator

Instead of legs, have you thought about going with spikes? Parts Express has some nice looking spikes #240-715 that I am probably gonna use.

3. Pete Mazz

Pete Mazz Supporting Actor

4. Shade Watson

Thanks for the link Pete. They don't have the quite what I'm looking for. I don't imagine that anyone will. I expect to have to build my own unless I see something that is just perfect.
    Seungsoo:
    I thought about spikes, but since I have a wood floor, I want some wooden legs that are flat on the bottom. That way I can apply some felt and be able to slide these heavy beasts around.
    I would consider some very cool looking heavy duty casters, but I doubt I can find any that would look right with the Rosewood veneer that I am planning on using.

5. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Shade:
    Why not just put the casters on the bottom of the sub but make the sides long enough to cover them? That way it still looks like a solid box but you can still roll it around for positioning and they are hidden from view.
    Parker

6. Shade Watson

Parker,
    My subs are down firing. Do you think that the skirts could affect their performance?