What's new

Dual sealed 1503's...or one SVS Ultra.... (1 Viewer)

A

Anthony_Gomez

you know how you just want to buy something just to have something new.....

well, what would you rather have? Not saying I am getting rid of the ID, but I just want an ULTRA now=)...I don't have time to build an equivalent clone.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Anthony,

Don't you have a dual 1503 sonosub? Why would you want an Ultra? I'd think you have quite a bit more output than an Ultra already. I could be wrong though.

Brian

A

Anthony_Gomez

I do have two 1503's..but they are sealed...and the Ultra is ported. I have no idea what type of output the ultra is capable of. I just want to buy stuff. ...as is, I am working up to a bike MTbike upgrade...or getting a road bike=)

..and I think I theoretically get ~108db@20hz anochaic freespace.

Ron D Core

Stunt Coordinator
Why not just spend like 60 or 70 bucks and build a couple ported enclosures for the two you have now?

Seth_L

Screenwriter
..and I think I theoretically get ~108db@20hz anochaic freespace.
In theory I'll get 114.8dB anechoic @20Hz on a single 1503 with 4 PRs, 1000W, and 8 cu-ft. Put two 1503s in a box with twice the volume and modify the design accordingly (may not be possible with the PRs I'm using) and you'll get better than 120dB anechoic at 20Hz with 2000W. What's an SVS ultra capable of?

Stereodude

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Seth,
Or put an 1803 in a 14ft^3 enclosure ported and tuned to 18Hz and you'll get 120dB at 20Hz anechoic. Can ANY SVS do that? :)

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Dual Ultra's under these conditions

The samples were measured with a calibrated microphone using C weighting. Distance from the corner of the room to the listening position was roughly 12 feet, in a room a little under 3600 ft3.
were able to hit 110dB at 20hz in the secrets of hifi review.

A

Anthony_Gomez

That is nice info to know. Thanks dustin.

I think my dual seald 1503s' can top that =). ..guess it wouldn't be any upgrade on any acount (SQ/SPL). ..unless the review had something wrong.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Link Removed
Here's a link to the review.
Their peak output was 118dB at 30hz in his room.

Rudy H

Stunt Coordinator
My 15inch Dayton DVC in a 5.3cf sealed box gets close to that SPL level...but then again, I am using an RS SPL meter.
Tony, you'd have to be INSANE to give up your 1503's and K1 :)

A

Anthony_Gomez

Rudy:..actually it is the K2...so it would be even more insave=)

Don't worry, i don't plan on getting rid of it at all=)

..I may one day try them in some 22" cubed PR subs like the StrykeHE15.1

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Did you move?

The last place you 've invited me[thanks!],was quiet small,so your ID was almost an "overkill";)

I also thought that you somehow don't like to crank things up[I could be wrong],we're about 10-15 db below "my reference" level,at least overall level,not the bass which was quiet "satisfying".:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks