What's new

Dual Room / Zone Question (1 Viewer)

mikeMarz

Grip
I am new to this forum, and I have some questions about a HT that I am starting to build. I have the HK AVR 5, and am considering upgrading to either the AVR 235 or 335, but I need some more information on dual room / dual zone setup on the AVR 335 before I make my decision.

What I would like to do is wire the multi-out L/R audio to a wireless device, and transmit the signal to my AVR 5 or something else in my bedroom. Also I would like to transmit a video signal to this device as well (composite video, digital coax, digital optical, and/ or component video monitor out, if they make transmitters for these types of signals.) I would also like to use a wireless transmitter for the remote in my second zone, and the receiver for it hooked up to the remote multi-in on the 335.

Do they make these devices, and would the video quality suffer if I went this route? If they do make these devices, could I use my 7.1 preouts instead of just L/R Multi-out? Would the Dolby/DTS processing on the 335 or the 235 go through to the AVR 5, if I hooked the 6-channel direct preouts up to the inputs on my AVR 5? Any other relevant info would also be appreciated. THANKS!!!!

mikeMarz

Grip
O.K. I called my "local" brick/mortar store and asked some of these questions. I was told that with the Terk LF-30S and Remote Extender, I should be able to do what I want, I'll just run the component monitor out to my living room tv, the RCA monitor out to the LF-30S, along with the multi-room L/R audio out. That should work great for my system.

Anyone know about the quality of the video using the Leapfrog?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks