Dual Monitor Support...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nick_Murphy, Aug 11, 2002.

1. Nick_Murphy

Nick_Murphy Agent

I'm just looking for some information on how to configure this, i understand that i will probably be needing two video cards to accomplish this. My question is will this affect my overall performance if i'm using a higher-end video card. I'm basically just wondering what happens to the secondary video card that i will install, will it use its video capabilities or is it basically going to become a dud (which i guess is what i want) I think i've explained what i need info on, haha, but any help would be great! THANX! [​IMG]

2. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

Just get a Radeon, Matrox or GeForce card with dual monitor support. No need for two cards anymore. Is it for gaming, graphics/design work?

3. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Supporting Actor

I have a GeForce4 4400 that has 1 VGA port and 1 DVI port. Previously I was using the 1 vga port along with a Voodoo3 to get dual-mon support.
    But then I bought one of these: http://search.ebay.com/search/search...ery=dvi+to+vga for like $8 and just use 2 vga monitors on the 1 GF4 now.
    Once you go dual-mon you'll never go back [​IMG]

4. Nick_Murphy

Nick_Murphy Agent

Thanx Rob! Two quick questions though, just wondering if you lose any quality going throught the dvi, i don't see how you could but just making sure, and second is can you do a split screen as well with the proper software? If so thats great cause I already own a Geforce 3 with a dvi so that might work perfectly! [​IMG]

5. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

Most people won't run games that require quite a bit of horsepower on dual monitor setup (at least I can't/won't). However, I have a Matrox G400max and use 2 monitors while surfing, writing and all other things except gaming. It's so easy to set up; heck, I did it. [​IMG]
    I am eager to see the Matrox Parhelia and triple monitor setup running Doom 3. [​IMG]