1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Dual Monitor Support...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nick_Murphy, Aug 11, 2002.

1. Nick_Murphy

Nick_Murphy Agent

I'm just looking for some information on how to configure this, i understand that i will probably be needing two video cards to accomplish this. My question is will this affect my overall performance if i'm using a higher-end video card. I'm basically just wondering what happens to the secondary video card that i will install, will it use its video capabilities or is it basically going to become a dud (which i guess is what i want) I think i've explained what i need info on, haha, but any help would be great! THANX! [​IMG]

2. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

Just get a Radeon, Matrox or GeForce card with dual monitor support. No need for two cards anymore. Is it for gaming, graphics/design work?

3. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Supporting Actor

I have a GeForce4 4400 that has 1 VGA port and 1 DVI port. Previously I was using the 1 vga port along with a Voodoo3 to get dual-mon support.
    But then I bought one of these: http://search.ebay.com/search/search...ery=dvi+to+vga for like $8 and just use 2 vga monitors on the 1 GF4 now.
    Once you go dual-mon you'll never go back [​IMG]

4. Nick_Murphy

Nick_Murphy Agent

Thanx Rob! Two quick questions though, just wondering if you lose any quality going throught the dvi, i don't see how you could but just making sure, and second is can you do a split screen as well with the proper software? If so thats great cause I already own a Geforce 3 with a dvi so that might work perfectly! [​IMG]

5. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

Most people won't run games that require quite a bit of horsepower on dual monitor setup (at least I can't/won't). However, I have a Matrox G400max and use 2 monitors while surfing, writing and all other things except gaming. It's so easy to set up; heck, I did it. [​IMG]
    I am eager to see the Matrox Parhelia and triple monitor setup running Doom 3. [​IMG]