What's new

Dual Layered DVD recorders? (1 Viewer)

Erik*R

Agent
yes.. exactly 1 month 2 weeks 4 days 8 hours and 42 mins after they announce them for sale.

:D

CraigL

Screenwriter
I have a Pioneer 105...what are the chances it'll be a firmware upgrade?

And I'm guessing all stand-alones are not going to be dual layered as well. Have to buy a new one. :frowning:

Robert Spalding

Second Unit
The BenQ is the only one that actually says on the packaging that it is upgradable. I bought one for 88 bucks online.

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
I was in Best Buy today and found a Sony dual layer DVD burner for $199.99, which i consider to be a great price. Unfortunately, Best Buy does not currently carry dual layer recordable discs, and has no idea where to get them.

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
The blanks are dreadfully expensive, more than $10 each. That's higher than I was paying for the first DVD-R's I bought a few years back. The discs also have compatibility problems playing in burners that do not support Dual Layer DVD-R's. Sounds cool, but I'm gonna wait.

Nick

Second Unit
What about Stand alone DL recorder. Any idea when will it be available ? I want to get one for this Xmas so I can start recording the New season Of 24

Robert Spalding

Second Unit
Like we said earlier, there won't be any standalone ones for awhile, probably not until 2005. The Compusa near my house has the Sony Drive for 199 also and will have media next week for $3 each

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks