What's new

Dual Hsu VTF-3 : My 2 cents (1 Viewer)

Chip E

Screenwriter
James,
Do yourself a favor and buy the 602's. I have four 303's and their unbearably harsh. I bought them to put a bedroom rig together. Maybe with a VTF-3 they'd be ok! ;)

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Chip, What do you mean harsh? I currently have 3 303's and don't find them harsh, I'm using a denon amp which most claim is soft so this might cancel any brightness.

The reasons for my dillema are these.

A) I will be setting them to small with a good woof

B) It's $2K difference in price!

I do like the 602's I'm just not sure for 100% HT if I will really notice a difference.

I plan on going to my dealer sometime this week to demo. They have a room with 5 303's and a room with 5 602's. I do know with the 602's I will gain headroom and some volume. But I can reach reference with the 303's now. I may also gain more ambiance in the rears with the 602's, over the 303's.

Any good dvd's to test these differences?

Sean D

Stunt Coordinator
James,

Drop me an email whenever you like and we can arrange to try out the subs at your place. I suppose you have to figure out what you think you need the most, more bass or better speakers. Decisions, decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks