1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Dual Display problems with Radeon 8500DV

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JasenP, Mar 15, 2002.

1. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    OK, I have my TV connected as well as my monitor. The TV is in "Clone Mode" so it should display everything exactly as the monitor does.

My problem being that I cannot display any video (tv or files) on the television. If I open a file or the TV the window for the video on the TV is just black. Does this have anything to do with the settings? It was working before I played with the display settings and the Hydravision software. Can anyone help me change it back? :b

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Jasen, I realize you're having troubles, but when you get it working again, any way you can do a capture of the S-Video output of a DVD for me? I'm thinking about buying the standard 8500 and I've heard mixed reviews of the S output

3. Westly T

Westly T Second Unit

I have the Radeon 7500 and have the same problem with the dual monitors. Only the primary display (selectable in the video settings) displays video, the other display is black. I called ATI and they said the card will display video on both screens, but there is a bug in the current drivers. They said the next driver will fix this problem, but even the current beta driver has the issue, so we wait.