Dual Display problems with Radeon 8500DV

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JasenP, Mar 15, 2002.

1. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    OK, I have my TV connected as well as my monitor. The TV is in "Clone Mode" so it should display everything exactly as the monitor does.

My problem being that I cannot display any video (tv or files) on the television. If I open a file or the TV the window for the video on the TV is just black. Does this have anything to do with the settings? It was working before I played with the display settings and the Hydravision software. Can anyone help me change it back? :b

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Jasen, I realize you're having troubles, but when you get it working again, any way you can do a capture of the S-Video output of a DVD for me? I'm thinking about buying the standard 8500 and I've heard mixed reviews of the S output

3. Westly T

Westly T Second Unit

I have the Radeon 7500 and have the same problem with the dual monitors. Only the primary display (selectable in the video settings) displays video, the other display is black. I called ATI and they said the card will display video on both screens, but there is a bug in the current drivers. They said the next driver will fix this problem, but even the current beta driver has the issue, so we wait.