What's new

Dual DirecTivo Units (1 Viewer)

Camp

Senior HTF Member
I just picked up a second Sony SAT-T60 DirecTV/Tivo unit. Will I have to pay for another Tivo "lifetime subscription" fee to use it?

Just curious if anyone else has done this.

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
AFAIK, one lifetime subscription gets mirrored for all DirecTiVo units. I think it's different for the standalone units, where you'd have to purchase additional subscriptions. The only requirement is that they are connected to the same phone line and are on the same DirecTV account. Your best bet is to check out TiVo Community Forum -- the guys there know for sure as they have multiple units and multiple configurations.

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
Camp, if both your receivers are SAT-T60, then you can have just one subscription. Take a closer look at TiVo FAQ paragraph that talks about the combo units.

Bruce N

Second Unit
Each recorder purchased requires its own service subscription and activation.
This only applies to stand alone Tivo units, not to DirecTV with Tivo units. Additional DirecTV with Tivo units are only charged the $4.99 DirecTV mirroring fee.

Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks