What's new

Dual Daytons or ??? (1 Viewer)

rogerssa

Auditioning
I have a budget of about $400. I was considering getting 2 10" Dayton subs. Or would you guys recommend something else.

My HT is 19x12 and 8'drop ceilings. with one wall opening up to the rest of my basement. With that big area base is going to be hard to trap in, but I have to figure something out.

Suggestions?

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Altho I have a Dayton 10" on the way, my budget is MUCH smaller then yours.
I would SERIOUSLY look at getting the SVS for a few $$$ then $400.

I imagine that would be better then dual 10" Daytons in your price range.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
$29 more than your budget and you can get the pb10isd + shipping. That sounds like a no brainer to me .

rogerssa

Auditioning
Will the 10 be big enough though? My friend let me borrow his SVS 20-39 PCi and it was amazing. I just don't want to go to small.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Well at that price range you have to be realistic. If the 20-39 PCI would satisfy then do w/o until you can afford to go that route. I can't imagine the Pb10isd NOT satisfying you though.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
My room is ~19x20 and the PB-10 does a respectable job. Doesn't have the impact of the PB-12 I recently listened to, but it gets it's point across :)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Do you have a good placement option closer rather than farther from seating?

I ask this on account of prior experience with the PB10-ISD. In my 12 X 24 X 10" leaky HT, it does very well in 2 different locations. One placement option being 3' from seating and the other 11' away. Admittedly the 3' option works out best. My seating is up against the back wall also.

Of course a SVS 12" driver offering would be more of a ride, but it's down-right incredible what the PB10-ISD can do for the $$.

rogerssa

Auditioning
I have lots of options for placement. Up front by the big screen. Which is about 10' from the first row of seats or in the back of the room like a coffee table to the back row (in the corner of the room) or could put it any where along the wall on the left side if your facing the screen.

Shane

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Your in good shape then in regards to placement options in a room that size. Your ((( back of the room like a coffee table to the back row (in the corner of the room)))) option looks the most promising imo. One never knows until they try all the different locations available though. 2 Daytons would be nice, but I would opt for the PB10-ISD hands down. I'm not just pulling my opinion out of the air, but from having bought the Dayton to do a little comparison to the Sony WM-40. Both subs (PB10-ISD/Dayton) are high achievers, but in different lieges.

PS Conclusion> Imo the first generation Dayton out-performed the Sony WM-40.

Max F

Second Unit
As much as i love the Dayton, if i had $400 to spend (wife wouldn't let me) i would step up to either the PB10 or the HSU sub.

Better yet, $400 would get you a very sweet DIY sub. Maybe a 15" Atlas sub in a ported enclosure (similar to the adire ported alighnment 214L). That would beat up on the PB10 pretty good down low and if EQ'd with a BFD sound pretty sweet!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks