What's new

Dual center channels (1 Viewer)

RyanJE

Second Unit
Run dual centers with a parallel hook up? One on top and one on bottom. What do you think of this??

John S

Senior HTF Member
This comes up fairly often here....

a. Just know it can cause some cancellation issues and actually hurt things.

b. Running one channel in 4 ohms is usually no problem for most AVR's that don't claim to work with 4 ohm speakers, but if your AVR / AMP doesn't specifically state it is ok, you are certainly running at least a great risk of failure on the channel.

c. No real reason not to try it in my opinion

d. I run dual centers with good results.

RyanJE

Second Unit

what do you mean. I have a 1014 it could handle the load couldnt it? How much improvement did you notice. ( not much, some, decent amount, great improvement)? the reason I ask is because ive noticed that depending on the placement it provides different effects. top placement exaggerates high picture sounds. Bottom exaggerates low picture sounds.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Does the 1014 state it works with 4 ohm speaker loads? If so, you run no greater risk of failure. If not you are definetly adding some risk, but as I said most AVR's wouldn't even really know if only 1 channel was 4 ohms.

They list impeadence as nominal because at different frequncies the impeadence is actually very different as in even an 8 ohm speaker probably hits 4 ohms or even less often. But then again if your starting at 4 ohms, it will dip down below 2 ohms at certain frequncies.

Best of luck with it, if you do try it, come back and post up your results. :)

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
I run my mids below and a single tweeter above my 124" 16:9 screen!

The tweet above brings the sound up to the center of the screen. This is a trick a Rockford Fosgate rep taught me!

Wes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks