What's new

Dual 1804 IB finally taking shape! (1 Viewer)

Chris Brock

Second Unit
I finally have all the components I need to complete my IB setup. And the drywall guys are finally getting around to getting the drywall done!! So that means I have actually already cut the hole out where the IB will be going. Here are some pics of the equipment and also of the location of the the IB!! Let me know what you think!!

http://bigchris.caraudioplanet.com/B...er/Dual1804IB/

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
Almost forgot about you, Chris. I love the look of those 1804s on your kitchen counter. Is that your garage that the backwave will vent to? I can not really tell by the pictures. Plus I am kind of "out-of-it" so I wouldnt be able to tell. Heh.

BTW - Do you have any idea how much a 1804 weighs out to? By the looks of it I would guess from between 40-65lbs. But how broad of a guess is that? It would have to weigh about that. I couldnt see these weighing more than 70lbs. Doesn't Blueprint use the same motor across the 10" all the way to 18"? They all look the same in the pictures.

Agh! Im rambling, sorry. :b

1) 2 BP 1804s
+
2) BFD
+
3) Lots of power! (you're going to use about 500+ watts each, correct?)
= In room output 120dbs @ 10hz!

Well, maybe I'm going a little overboard. I guess we will have to wait for the real world measurements! Can't wait!

:) :emoji_thumbsup:

Daniel Metcalf

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, you'll love em'. It always strikes me how much bigger these 1804's look in real life, no matter how well taken the pictures are.

Chris Brock

Second Unit
thanks for the feedback!! you are not kidding about the 1804's being HUGE in person. Pics simply do not do them justice. for the weight I know the shipping label was for a package of 55 pounds. So I would say they are in the 45 - 50 pound range.

James, actually when I was researching and came across your recoreded in room SPL's it basically sealed the deal for me. haha I just hope I get simular performace from my setup. The only thing that I see that would be agenst me is my power. I will be provideing around 300 - 350 wrms per driver for now. Eventually I would like to get up closer to the 500 - 600 range like you though, do you think that is a good target for these drivers in an IB setup?

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter
What I am using is about ideal if you just have a few loose screws like me, if your flat out nuts then you be happier with something like 900-1200 watts per driver. :)

What amp are you using again?

Are you gonna pimp yours out like I did? ;)

Chris Brock

Second Unit
that is absolutly awesome!! haha I dont know if mine is going to end up looking that pimp though haha

I am using a Nady XA900 which is rated at 340wrms x 2 @ 4ohms. I will just have to see if I am satisfied with the output. If I am then this should be great because I would never even be phasing the drivers, but it would be nice to know more is there if I ever wanted it.

I am convinced of this however.................
After really have several months to play with the BP drivers i would have to say that while the near 26mm of linear xmax is a ton, the actual mechanical limits of the driver are far far greater. Has anyone ever seen a DUMAX for any of the BP xx04 lineup?

Rich Kraus

Stunt Coordinator
james you pimp daddy you. lovin the $ in the middle....

i think theres a select few that regularly get to see both sides of their IB

keep that IB faith :) !!!!!!!

im going to use these lowly tc sounds 15's in my new room, but if they dont cut it im heading the 1804 route too....

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Rich,
Are those the subs that Stephen was selling over at the Mad board last year? I've got four of them ready for my IB when it finally cools down in the attic.

-Robert

Rich Kraus

Stunt Coordinator
i dont know their retail origin, i bought them *ahem* "already broken in" (used) from a member over at another forum.

the price was right and the cones are so purdy, so i had to give them a try....

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter

Chris, I meant to respond the other day but I forgot..anyhow I was going to say that most of the time I doubt I am using more than 100 watts per driver and probably not even that much.
The only time I use the amp hard is for testing , demoing and when the neighbors park in front of my house.

Really if you think about it , if the XA900 is not enough power then you need more drivers, another sub or you need to move the IB or your listening position. That is of course assuming the Nady puts out what it is rated for.

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter
Rich, congrats on the new home! Have you considered treating and reinforcing the area your IB will go in since you are in the unique position to be able to do something special like this?

Chris Brock

Second Unit
thanks for the reply James! I am thinking the Nady does a good job with putting out its rated power. I got to compare it to a Crown XLS402 and it seemded to compare quite nicely actually. I have considered that if I every do need more power that I might just get a second XA900 and run one on each sub in bridged mode at 4 ohms. this would give me around 700 - 800wrms or so per sub. I would imagine that would get someones attention ;) hahhahah:D :b

Chris Brock

Second Unit
Thanks! I have definitly seen you page several times Chris. that is a fine looking install. The HT room is 21 x 19 x 8 and will only have one opening to a stairway to the upper level. So I will end up with right around 3200 sq/ft of space that the sub will need to handle. I am thinking that these subs should handle that pretty well ;) expecially if I end up getting a 2nd Nady to push them mmuuhahhaha

Andrew S-

Stunt Coordinator
Where can you still pick up blueprint drivers? An 1804 just might be what I am looking for.

I was thinking of a pair of These instead but the Xmax really doesnt impress me.

Andrew S-

Stunt Coordinator
Oh I am well aware of the blueprint drivers. I just thought they were out of production and were only available on a couple closeout websites.

I am thinking a pair of ported 18s would enjoy 850watts each quite a bit. Neighbors might not though.

Rich Kraus

Stunt Coordinator

thanks james, good to read ya :)

nothing really special in regards to the IB, some extra insuation in the attic, and the manifold will be secrured to basically a solid block wall, but other than that, no.

the house should be done in another month-6 weeks, and im as excited as i could be...

...course it will take another year to get the new HT done, but all in good time, right? :)

for those who havnet seen: new HT

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks