DTV's Total Choice Pkg?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeborahK, Nov 28, 2001.

1. DeborahK

DeborahK Supporting Actor

Okay, when did all this happen? I was just on DTV's site and looked at the Total Choice package only to discover that it now lists Oxygen and Hallmark as part of the line-up and also the Independent Film Channel. Hello? I subbed to The Family Pack in order to get Oxygen and Hallmark (AKA Odyssey) back when I got DTV 18 months ago, and was not aware that these stations had migrated over to the regular TC package. I was aware that FP recently added some stations but I do not know when they dropped Oxygen and Hallmark. Also, as of a few months ago, IFC was only available with various movis packages. When did that change to regular TC happen? Did I miss some announcement somewhere??
    I think I will drop my Family Pack subscription now and check out IFC, which I have never had before. Better late than never, I guess.
    Deborah [​IMG]

2. Ralph Summa

Ralph Summa Supporting Actor

Deborah,
    I have been enjoying IFC for about three months including a David Lynch festival back in October that was great! I found that it was free only by accident, no thanks to DirecTV. I noticed Oxygen about the same time and I noticed Hallmark only this month. Maybe I should watch Channel 201 a little more to see what's going on. I did notice that they loaded up the Family Package with Discovery Civilization, Discovery Science, History International and VH1 Classic. Just what my 2 year old wants to watch! [​IMG]
    Enjoy!
    Ralph

3. DeborahK

DeborahK Supporting Actor

Ralph,
    Thanks for the information. Three month for IFC?? Sheesh, I have really been missing out, including a few weeks ago when my DirecTiVo indicated a film I was interested in seeing was playing there. No use in that to me, I thought, because I don't get IFC. Humph. [​IMG]
    The family pack does seem a little top heavy with things most young kids would not be a bit interested in watching, though older ones might find it informative. As it is, I am not watching anything they are presently offereing now that I know that O and H are part of my regular Total Choice lineup. I think you will like Hallmark if you are interested in PBS-like dramas and such. They recently showed a wonderful BBC made series that I had never heard of before, called "The Infinite World of H.G. Wells," which was absolutely wonderful. They have repeated it once and if they show it again do try to catch it -- it is lovely. Last year (when they were still called Odyssey) they also showed some good holiday films that I think were old Hallmark Hall of Fame offerings. Very nice and very family friendly, which can be a bit hard to find these days.
    Thanks for taking the time to reply,
    Deborah