What's new

DTV says locals available in April...does that mean 1st? (1 Viewer)

Tim Holyoke

Second Unit
Just curious. DTV has been saying our locals will be available in April, but just wondering if that means April 1st or what? If I call April 1, will I be able to order them? Thanks.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If your locals will be on 7S, then it isn't scheduled to launch until May 2. There was a problem with the solar panels of a similar satellite and they delayed the launch to double check everything. After launch expect a week to get it in position and 4 to 6 weeks of testing.

-Robert

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Or go check their web site.

I'm guessing your are in Madison since that's the only Wisconsin city scheduled for 2004. "A DIRECTV Multi-Satellite System will be required". That means your locals will be coming from the 119 slot. DirecTV 7S (S for spot beam) will handle locals from that location.

-Robert

Steve F M

Screenwriter
Yes it will be on the 7s. They have told me for 10 months that my Locals were coming. I finally dropped there butts and went to Voom. The last they told me it was March then I heard April, and now its May. You will be lucky to have them by Xmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation615
Recent bookmarks