What's new

DTV & HDTV Questions for Redding/Chico CA (1 Viewer)

WilliamPC

Agent
I am a DTV subscriber and have the HD package. Of course HDTV is not availible in my market because its so small. I am trying to figure out my options for getting network HD either thru DTV or OTA. I have tried 5 different indoor antennas and the best reception ironically came from a 10 yr old rabbit ear unit. I tried the Zenith Silver Sensor and the Terk HDTVi which looks a lot like the Silver Sensor. Neither worked AT ALL. Got nothing even tho the closest channel is 18 miles way according to antennaweb.

I guess I need to know if I should try an outdoor antenna and which would be the best. Here are the antennaweb results for my zip, 96002. Notice that there is no FOX HD availible.

* yellow - uhf KNVN-DT 36.1 NBC CHICO CA 131° 23.4 36
* red - uhf KIXE-DT 9.1 PBS REDDING CA 268° 17.2 18
* red - uhf KRCR-DT 34.1 ABC REDDING CA 268° 17.2 34
* blue - uhf KHSL-DT 43.1 CBS CHICO CA 125° 51.9 43

Besides an outdoor antenna, am I completely SOL when it comes to FOX HD since I get the local SD broadcast thru DTV????

I really would like to watch the NFL playoffs and Superbowl in HD this year. Seems kinda lame when you shell out over $5k for a HDTV, reciever and other gear and you cant really use it to its fullest because of stupid laws.

Sorry for the long post or if its in the wrong area. I am really frustrated and would like some guidance. Calls to DTV were no help at all.

Thanks everyone.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I think you may be SOL. I dont know if Redding has much of a market. You may want to call DTV again or try Comcast and see what they offer you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks