Dts

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by JoeBerg, Jan 18, 2005.

1. JoeBerg

JoeBerg Auditioning

Hi, this is my first post:b I have been struggling with my
    HT, an RCA RT2370 dolby digital audio video reciever.I can't seem to get any audio from my dvd when the format is dts.I am using an optic cable from the dvd to the reciever and both components have dts.I would really like to hear the difference in sound as I am not totally happy with the overall performance... I really enjoy concert DVDs[​IMG] thanks for any comments, I'm pretty new at this HT stuff.
    JB

2. Andre D

Andre D Stunt Coordinator

Welcome Joe,

The mods here will probably end up moving this thread to the audio/video sources forum, but let's see what the problem is here. First, what is the make and model of your dvd player? Also, with most dvd players, you usually have to go into the setup menu to actually set the player to output the DTS stream to your digital output. I have a feeling this may be your problem.

3. JoeBerg

JoeBerg Auditioning

Thanks, I have just dug out my manual(I've had this dvd for almost a year)Oh, its a Sanyo 9203 3-disk dvd changer.

4. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

There may be a setting on the Sanyo DVD player that you have to switch in order for it to output the dts signal. Some DVD players require intervention for this. For your system if you want better quality sound, you should upgrade your front speakers. The receiver in that set-up looks to be fine from the picture I've seen online, and the rear speakers are probably OK, too. Upgrade the front speakers and you could get dramatically better sound out of that puppy.

5. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    In the DVD player's setup menu there should be an area for digital audio settings - you may need to enable DTS and/or set it to bitstream rather than PCM.