What's new

DTS Titles (1 Viewer)

Talat H

Auditioning
The following titles are available on Regoin 2 UK,in DTS, but not Region 1, for some unexplainable reason!!!!
The Mummy Returns
Enemy at the Gates
Stargate SE (also anamorphic)
The Evil Dead; DTS-ES 6.1
Dungeons and Dragons (R4 Australia)
That's as much as I've uncovered, hope it's of some help!
Regards Tal.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Welcome Talat,
The Evil Dead is coming to Region 1 in DTS-ES Discrete 6.1 early next year.
The Mummy Returns will probably have a DTS track on its Region 1 Ultimate Edition to tie in with The Scorpion King (blech!) next year (or the year after?). Universal is really shameless when it comes to Ultimate Editions. They could have put it on the current disc.
Sometimes other companies have the video rights for other regions. They dictate what will be included on the disc.
The Fifth Element and Sleepy Hollow SE's for Germany have English DTS-ES Discrete 6.1 tracks, but Sony didn't bother to put the track on the Region 1 SuperBit title and Paramount has yet to do DTS in the States. Some foreign companies are more "forward thinking" than American studios.
Dan
------------------
Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!
[Edited last by Dan Hitchman on October 28, 2001 at 04:57 PM]

Dave C.

Auditioning
I picked up Stargate the other day and was real surprised to to find it had a dts track on it too. Did not know about The Mummy Returns though, looks like i will be getting the R2 version instead :)
Seems strange to me too but it is nice to have some unique titles over here for a change. I am finding i am buying so many more R2 titles compared to R1's these days than i ever used too. For pretty much every new release in R2 these days it is identical to its R1 counterpart and not only that it is cheaper. In addition the second hand market for titles is quite big in my area where you can pick up titles even cheaper.
Now that i have a projector i am finding that i benefit quite a bit from PAL 16x9 disks, I never notice the 4% speed up so that is a non issue for me.
anyway just my 2c
[Edited last by Dave C. on October 28, 2001 at 05:06 PM]

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
The Region 2 German version of The Fifth Element includes only a DTS ES Matrix 6.1 soundtrack, not a discrete version. The disc's packaging is in error, and should (according to its distributor) be corrected on newer sleeves.
Adam

Roland Wandinger

Stunt Coordinator
The following titles are available on Regoin 2 UK,in DTS, but not Region 1, for some unexplainable reason!!!!
Enemy at the Gates
Do you have this DVD? I heard that it is also supposed to be released in R4 with a DTS track. Is the UK version out yet and is it uncut? How is the videoquality?

DeanWalsh

Second Unit
Yes, Mummy Returns is out now r4 & it includes a 754kbps dts track. Dungeons & Dragons is also dts r4. Both discs are of exceptional quality, Mummy Returns especially. There are a few good r3 dts exclusives to watch out for as well,I have The Gift, Traffic and Driven. Unfortunately Driven is the only one of the three that has a 16:9 transfer.

YANG

Screenwriter
We have to see that the independent studios/distribution studios that distributes/master the DVDs reserves the right they have compared to the U.S counter part.
In the U.S WARNER holds the rights to DRIVEN,while FRANCHISE PICTURES holds the distribution rights in other parts of the world.If WARNER holds their fist tight on shunning DTS,DVDs distributed in other regions will not be affected by the WARNER's ANTI DTS POLICY!
PARAMOUNT hols the right of distributing SLEEPY HOLLOW and ENEMY AT THE GATES in R1.MANDALAY holds the rights internationally...so what happens as stated above applies to this two films as well.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
looks like i will be getting the R2 version instead
Do remember our dear old BBFC enforced a cut to the UK version. If you need the DTS now, go for the R4 or just wait for a two disc region 1 ultimate edition next spring.
Dan (UK)

Brett C

Second Unit
There is absolutely no comparison between the DTS and the DD track on the mummy returns, unless your wearing earplugs....

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I guess I must have been wearing earplugs then. The differences were minimal as far as I could tell.
Adam
BTW, here's my review of the disc.

Quint van der Vaart

Second Unit
Here are some titles that are released with dts in my country (Holland) :
The Gift (Anamorphic)
Dungeons And Dragons
Kundun SE
Thirteen Days
15 Minutes
Mummy Returns
Menace II Society
Dark City
The Mask
Stargate
Universal Soldier 1
Little Nicky
The Real Mccoy
Feeling Minnesota
Upcoming :
Brotherhood Of The Wolf
Lost Souls
Momento
Ticker
Here in Holland there are several independent companies that
release bigger movies with dts.
Also Fox and Buena Vista are going to do dts over here.
I realy like dts and it is a treat for me to see that more and more studio's are using this format outside the States.
------------------
There is another world....The DVD WORLD !!

Brett C

Second Unit
Well it comes down to the same ole debate,In my experiance of listening to soundtracks,subtlety is the name of the game in audio.And not once have I ever heard a dolby track that offers the same resolution and fidelity that DTS has to offer,I mean its not hard to tell ,you just have to listen to them a/b. I personally prefer DTS for the reason that it better represents what was recorded and what the filmmakers wanted you to hear...

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
I have the R4 Mummy Returns. For the life of me, I can barely hear a difference between the two tracks, unlike some other DTS titles (eg Unbreakable, Gladiator) where the DTS is noticeably different.

Talat H

Auditioning
Quint,
Are the DTS soundtracks on the films you have listed in English or Dutch?
And are the films all anamorphic transfers?
Regards, Tal.

Quint van der Vaart

Second Unit
I've updated the list to include specs :
The Gift (Anamorphic & English DTS)
Dungeons And Dragons (Anamorphic & English DTS)
Kundun SE (Anamorphic & English DTS)
Thirteen Days (Anamorphic & English DTS)
15 Minutes (Anamorphic & English DTS)
Mummy Returns (Anamorphic & English DTS)
Menace II Society (Anamorphic & English DTS)
Dark City (Anamorphic & English DTS)
The Mask (Anamorphic & English DTS)
Stargate (Anamorphic & English DTS)
Universal Soldier 1 (Anamorphic & English DTS)
Little Nicky (Anamorphic & English DTS)
The Real Mccoy (Anamorphic & English DTS)
Feeling Minnesota (Anamorphic & English DTS)
The Gift has as far as I know non-removable subtitles in dutch but I will check this just to make sure.
Thirteen Days and 15 Minutes are rental only now but early next year on sell-thru.
------------------
There is another world....The DVD WORLD !!

Talat H

Auditioning
Quint,
The Region 1 version of Thirteen Days was an Infinifilm release with a load of extras, is the Dutch version the same?
Also were on the internet can I purchase the Dutch titles?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks