DTS/THX/DD trailer DVD.. legit?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JasonKrol, Sep 14, 2001.

1. JasonKrol

JasonKrol Supporting Actor

Aug 19, 2001
    Can anyone tell me if this DVD is legit?
    Its on ebay (obviosuly) and it claims that it has a bunch of DTS trailers, DD trailers, and THX trailers.
    This disk seems too good to be true?
    Also, does anyone know where else one could get a DVD similar to this?
    Thanks for any information!
    - Jason
    My DVD Collection | My Home Theater
    "what ya got here is two people dragging a third..."
  2. John Ford

John Ford Guest

I can't be certain, but the in the description of the disc it lists "Video Essentials Exerpts". Unless this is being released by Joe Kane, I find it hard to believe this is a legitimate disc. Sounds more like something created by compiling a bunch of stuff together at home. IMHO
  3. Nathan*W

Nathan*W Screenwriter

Sep 9, 2001
    This is a legitimate disc. It is normally included as a supplement to the Jim Taylor book "DVD Demystified". You can view the disc contents at www.dvddemystified.com or take a trip to your local Barnes & Noble which should have a copy on their shelves. The price isn't cheap, however, about $50.00 if I remember correctly. Be careful with this title because some players may reject the disc. The website says that:
    "The following DVD player flaws and incompatibilities have been reported by users of the DVD Demystified disc (second edition). These are all due to deficiencies of players, not to errors on the disc. (The disc has been verified spec-compliant by three different verification programs.) This aside, some DVD Demystified discs end up being damaged by rough handling of the book. If the disc doesn't play in your player, try it in a different player."
    All that aside, I love my disc for demos and would recommend it wholeheartedly. Hope this info helps.
    -Nathan the Newbie
    [Edited last by Nathan Webel on September 14, 2001 at 08:46 PM]
    [Edited last by Nathan Webel on September 14, 2001 at 08:47 PM]