DTS Quality Control??? My Unhapy Megadeth DVD-A Experience!!!

Discussion in 'Music' started by Jason Perez, Nov 6, 2003.

1. Jason Perez

Jason Perez Second Unit

I just wanted to post a little note to al of my fellow HT/Music lovers that might be interested in picking up the Megadeth "Peace Sells, But Who's Buying" DVD-A. Although I sincerely doubt this will happen to anyone else, it happened to me...

After a couple weeks of searching, I finally found this disc at Fry's Electronics (for only $14)! Later, after I had excitedly scooped this release up and got it home,I made the grim discovery that there was *NO DISC* inside!!! What the hell is up with that?!?! [​IMG]

Although the people at Fry's are going to take care of this, they were pretty skeptical (wouldn't you be?) but I will still be without a disc, that I paid $14 hard-earned dollars for, for several more days at the very least. To top it all off, I have to travel the 35 miles back to the store to get it!

Although this is probably an isolated incident, DTS gets a big [​IMG] for quality control from me!!! I really hope no one else has to go through all of the hassle. I suggest opening the disc up while you are still at the store, if you are purchasing from a "brick and mortar" shop. You can never be too careful....[​IMG]

2. Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman Cinematographer

There are instances of things like this happening to DVDs manufactured by and for Universal, Disney, Fox, etc. so I wouldn't get too burned up about it.

Dan

3. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

4. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

I had the same thing happen to me. It's no big deal, just exchanged it for another copy.

5. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

6. Philip_T

Philip_T Supporting Actor

Jason,
    Your mood may not improve when you actually do get the disc. A few of us have posted that the mix could use some help. The 2CH mix was very nice though, plus it has 2 videos and an interview that make it worth the purchace. Do a search for Peace Sells to find some reviews. Hopefully your experience will be better than mine. Let us know what you think of it.

Phil

7. Jason Perez

Jason Perez Second Unit

Justin,

8. Jason Perez

Jason Perez Second Unit

Phil,

Thanks for the advice [​IMG], but I already saw a few reviews. Anyway, this is a personal preference thing, but I never liked Mustaine as a vocalist, so I am not too worried about his vocals being a bit difficult to discern. As long as the mix doesn't take too much away from the rest of each track (specifically the guitars), I will probably enjoy it to some extent. I would really like to see a release of "Rust In Peace", as I enjoy Marty Friedman's playing quite a bit.

Thanks again!!!!