DTS Problem with JAWS

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sheldon, Apr 8, 2002.

1. Sheldon

Sheldon Stunt Coordinator

I bought the Jaws DTS version a little while ago and finally listened to it over the weekend and,for some reason,it never played in DTS.The Dolby Didgital sign was lit on my H/K receiver instead of the DTS sign.I went into the player audio and had no luck there and as a last resort I went into the settings of the movie itself and couldn't set it to DTS.Am I doing something wrong?

2. Tony Scello

Tony Scello Second Unit

I happened to watch Jaws with DTS last night with no problems at all. I'm not sure what your problem might be.

3. Sheldon

I can't figure out what I've done wrong.Usually,the disc will have a selection to set the receiver to DTS but it didn't.I've listened to DTS before and I believe that the receiver picked it up.Did you have to manually set the disc to play in DTS?When I get home,I'll try some other discs with DTS to see if it picks up on that format.

4. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

5. Sheldon

That's exactly what I think too Michael.The box definately says DTS but nothing else does so I'm beginning to wonder if the DD version is in the DTS box.

6. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

Jeremy
    I own the DTS Jaws, and it works fine. Make sure the disc itself has the DTS logo. Mine has the logo on the bottom half.

7. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Yep, the DTS version has a red DTS logo printed just below the center hub. The DD version has no sound logos on the disc.

8. greg_t

greg_t Screenwriter

The DTS option is selected by entering the "languages" choice at the main menu. If you don't see the dts option in the languages category, then you don't have the DTS version.

9. Dave H

Dave H Producer

On a side note, was there a different mix used for the DTS track?

10. Dwayne

Dwayne Supporting Actor

11. Sheldon

When I got home last night I checked the DVD Menu for languages and voila the audio DTS portion was their.That's sort of a crazy place to put it don't you think.Anyway,I found it.

12. DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet Lead Actor

Almost all DTS DVDs make you physically go into the languge menu and purposefully select the DTS sound. this saves those without DTS compatibility from blowing their speakers out with digital noise by just inserting the disc and pressing "play".
    I'd love a DVD player with the option to always auto-select the DTS soundtrack if available. I'd definitely set that option to "yes" [​IMG]
    -dave

13. cafink

cafink Producer

Carl Fink