What's new

DTS Problem with JAWS (1 Viewer)

Sheldon

Stunt Coordinator
I bought the Jaws DTS version a little while ago and finally listened to it over the weekend and,for some reason,it never played in DTS.The Dolby Didgital sign was lit on my H/K receiver instead of the DTS sign.I went into the player audio and had no luck there and as a last resort I went into the settings of the movie itself and couldn't set it to DTS.Am I doing something wrong?

Tony Scello

Second Unit
I happened to watch Jaws with DTS last night with no problems at all. I'm not sure what your problem might be.

Sheldon

Stunt Coordinator
I can't figure out what I've done wrong.Usually,the disc will have a selection to set the receiver to DTS but it didn't.I've listened to DTS before and I believe that the receiver picked it up.Did you have to manually set the disc to play in DTS?When I get home,I'll try some other discs with DTS to see if it picks up on that format.

Sheldon

Stunt Coordinator
That's exactly what I think too Michael.The box definately says DTS but nothing else does so I'm beginning to wonder if the DD version is in the DTS box.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
I own the DTS Jaws, and it works fine. Make sure the disc itself has the DTS logo. Mine has the logo on the bottom half.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yep, the DTS version has a red DTS logo printed just below the center hub. The DD version has no sound logos on the disc.

greg_t

Screenwriter
The DTS option is selected by entering the "languages" choice at the main menu. If you don't see the dts option in the languages category, then you don't have the DTS version.

Sheldon

Stunt Coordinator
When I got home last night I checked the DVD Menu for languages and voila the audio DTS portion was their.That's sort of a crazy place to put it don't you think.Anyway,I found it.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Almost all DTS DVDs make you physically go into the languge menu and purposefully select the DTS sound. this saves those without DTS compatibility from blowing their speakers out with digital noise by just inserting the disc and pressing "play".
I'd love a DVD player with the option to always auto-select the DTS soundtrack if available. I'd definitely set that option to "yes" ;)
-dave

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Almost all DTS DVDs make you physically go into the languge menu and purposefully select the DTS sound. this saves those without DTS compatibility from blowing their speakers out with digital noise by just inserting the disc and pressing "play".
I think a lot of DVDs, Jaws included, have really poorly designed menues. The problem isn't having to go to a menu to change the sound format. The problem is, why would you think to go to a menu marked "languages" to do it? Sheldon didn't want to watch the movie in a different language.
Most of us DVD-savvy folks here at the HTF are used to such menus, but they really aren't very intuitive. :thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks