DTS playback on Denon

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by steve lucchetti, Aug 22, 2004.

1. steve lucchetti

When I choose the DTS format while watching a HT movie on my Denon 3803 I get no voice dialog, but I do hear other sounds in the movie while it is playing.

I choose DTS in the language menu on the movie and I am sure I have everything assigned correctly on the 3803 & the Denon 2200, but I could be wrong?

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    How is the player connected? Does it work fine in DD?

If digital, in the player, make sure you have Digital = normal and LPCM = off. There is no option to turn DTS on or off, and those are the settings I have no problems with DTS.

Certain, rare discs have problems with DTS on this player, but all of my problems seemed to go away when I installed the latest firmware update.

3. Leo

Leo Second Unit

I don't have the same receiver, but I've seen this problem before on a DTS DVD with the 2200. Using Diana Krall's Live In Paris DVD, I've selected DTS from the DVD only to have the Denon play the DD track. So manually I had to go pause the player, then select the audio button and choose the DTS track thru the player. Then and only then would it play the DTS track as requested. Try this. Not sure if there are others out there who have found other discs with this type of problem. Most all my other DTS disc register correctly when choosing the DTS track from the DVD.

Here's a thread on obtaining the firmware update: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=385490

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
  5. steve lucchetti

Thanks for all the help and info.,I'll give it a try.