DTS on Rotel RSX-1065

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bowers Wilkins, Nov 22, 2002.

1. Bowers Wilkins

Bowers Wilkins Auditioning

I have a Rotel RSX-1065 that I am using with a Sony DVD player (DVP-NS400D). Both pieces are DTS capable but I do not seem to be able to get a DVD in DTS mode.

SURR MODE from the Rotel OSD does not even display DTS as a selectable option. Did I neglect to connect something correctly? Thanks.

2. Arnold van Oostrum

DTS cannot be manual selected on the RSX-1065. It's autoswitched when it gets an DTS audiostream.

Check you have the DVD player digital connected (coax/optical)to the RSX-1065 and that the coax/optical input is activated. Make sure the player gives an bitstream output.
    And, ofcourse, select the DTS stream when playing a disc(that's not default when a disc is played).

Then it should work.

3. Bowers Wilkins

My setup is as follows:

Connecting the DVD player to the receiver is Accoustic Research Performance Series High Definition Digital Fiber Optic Audio Cable. This is connected from Digital Out - Optical on the DVD player to Digital Input - Optical on the receiver.

MAIN MENU>SURR MODE presents the following options on the OSD: Dolby Pro Logic II, Dolby 3 Stereo, Music 1, Music 2,Music 3, Music 4, 5 channel stereo, 7 channel stereo, PCM 2 CH.

The manual states that the receiver automatically decodes the DTS signal. There is a DTS option light on the face of the receiver as well as the DVD player. Since the DTS light is not displaying on the DVD player or the receiver I assume that the DTS mode is not being activated when I select the option from the main DVD menu.

4. Sreeni

Sreeni Extra

On my dvd player, I had to select audio to Digital and DTS on. Look at the DVD player menu and not the dvd menu to find some of these options. Once this is set, I am sure your receiver will play DTS.Good Luck
    Sreeni

5. Bowers Wilkins

Thank you, Sreeni. You were exactly right.