What's new

DTS Not Happening (1 Viewer)

Nick G

Stunt Coordinator
I purchased the Hell Freezes over DVD, poped it in the DVD player and selected DTS from the DVDs menu and I get video but no sound. I played with all the settings and buttons on the receiver that I could find but no go. I go back to the DVD menu and select stereo mode and that works fine. My Onkyo 595 is supposed to decode DTS material. It decodes DD just fine. Any thoughts? Bad DVD? Receiver defective? I am missing something obvious? Its a Panasonic RV31 DVD player hooked up via optical cable. TIA
Nick

Tom Morgan

Stunt Coordinator
Check your DVD player's menu for something in the audio setup like bitstream for DTS.
------------------
Image9.gif

Tom&Amy's DVD's

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, its pretty weird, but the DTS bitstream output is disabled from the factory. So you gotta point yer DVD remote at the RV31 and press the ACTION button. From there, cycle through the options until you see the one in "Audio" where DTS is OFF by default. Change it to "ON" or "DTS Bitstream ON" or whatever.
i had this same problem with my CV51 (5 disc version of the RV31) and the menu fixed it right up.
[Edited last by Chris PC on October 06, 2001 at 05:15 PM]

Nick G

Stunt Coordinator
BINGO! DTS was set to off. It works beautifully now. Thanks guys.
Regards, Nick

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
raju: HFO was one of the earliest DTS music DVDs that came out. It's always been my opinion that DTS may have made some kind of financial arrangement with either the Eagles or Image Entertainment to exclude DD.
Maybe someone knows the exact reason???
BTW, just curious, I assume you "hate" that there is no DD, right? Not that you hate DTS?
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks