DTS Nightmare before XMAS

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andre F, Sep 27, 2001.

1. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

How is this version? I'm thinking of picking it up, I have an older version but I love this movie so much I thought of getting the new one.
    -Andre F
    ------------------
    -= Take your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape! =-

2. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

It's the same transfer as the first DVD release (1.66:1 non-anamorphic), though it looks nice.
    There are some good extras but they could have used a lot more from the old LaserDisc set.
    Audio quality too, is very enjoyable. It's got a slightly brighter character than the DTS LaserDisc and I have to say I think the LD has the advantage overall when it comes to the sound.

3. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

What Rob said. The "Making of" documentary is missing about half what was on the laser disc box set, and, of course, that absolutely wonderful book. But, if all you got is dvd, I do recommend the disc.
    ------------------
    They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
    They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
    - Napoleon XIV

4. DougB

DougB Agent

will the DD version be re-released?

5. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

Doug, the last one Disney released features both DD and DTS soundtracks (5.1).