What's new

DTS Nightmare before XMAS (1 Viewer)

Andre F

Screenwriter
How is this version? I'm thinking of picking it up, I have an older version but I love this movie so much I thought of getting the new one.
-Andre F
------------------
-= Take your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape! =-

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
It's the same transfer as the first DVD release (1.66:1 non-anamorphic), though it looks nice.
There are some good extras but they could have used a lot more from the old LaserDisc set.
Audio quality too, is very enjoyable. It's got a slightly brighter character than the DTS LaserDisc and I have to say I think the LD has the advantage overall when it comes to the sound.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
What Rob said. The "Making of" documentary is missing about half what was on the laser disc box set, and, of course, that absolutely wonderful book. But, if all you got is dvd, I do recommend the disc.
------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks