What's new

DTS music DVD's The Eagles (1 Viewer)

I have The Eagles "Hell freezes over" and love it to listen to and to show off to unsuspecting visitors. Anyone out there got any similiar mind blowing music dvd's they can nudge me towards.

Cheers

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
Blue Man Group! This is an audio only DVD-A but it does contain some still photos and a short doucumentary. This DVD will give your system a serious Bass workout!

Paul Boyle

Stunt Coordinator
Mark - You've got the best one!
IMO Hell Freezes Over has no equal in terms of sound quality & I listen to it alot & use it to "blow away" non believers ...
I have bought some DVD-A stuff & that's up there with HFO (& better in some cases - Eagles again I'm afraid!)
On the concert side my current fave is the new Yes "Symphonic" which is DTS & pretty good IMO
I regularly go back to The Corrs "Unplugged" not DTS but sounds gr8
HTH - Paul ;)

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
I hate to be the one to point this out to you guys. HFO is great as long as you don't pick the wrong tracks.
Please check out the following tracks:
The Last Resort
After the piano introduction, in the first verse, you see Henley look back and to the right. A few seconds after that, you get a nasty 60cycle buzz (and harmonics) from something (an amplifier or stage monitor) that lasts for quite some time.....
Desperado
Same buzz is apparent at the beginning of the track. It lasts for the whole song.
Don't say I didn't warn you :frowning:
Regards,

;) Thanks guys for the help so far quite fancy the D Krall DVD and possibly the Frampton, all posts very helpful, I will be listening to my Eagles again for the feedback glitches mentioned. It strikes me that there doesnt seem to be a great deal out there for the seekers of good music, would love to see Peter Gabriel Secret World tour available on dvd dts Cheers again folks

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
My jaw dropper used to be HFO, but after picking up Diana Krall Live in Paris, that is my new reference music DVD.:emoji_thumbsup:

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
John,

I personally like her take on Joni Mitchell's A Case of You --- seems like she is most into the performance when it's just her and the piano.

Regards,

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I love the All That Could Have Been DVDs! Very well recorded and mixed for this type of music, but it helps a lot to like the music too, which I do :D .
On the Diana Krall, I really enjoy most every track (yes I have maybe an odd variety of taste in music). I was very impressed with the recording and the mix. Good surround that doesn't really call attention to itself. I was a fan of her before, but the DVD is something special!
I also have Eagles:HFO, and prefer selected tracks. I don't tend to listen to the whole thing at once, like I do with Diana and NIN. My favorite track on the HFO disc is Seven Bridges Road. If you haven't already, give a close listen to each speaker in your setup...one voice is in each speaker. :D

David R. Hendrickson

Stunt Coordinator
that's the one thing i found disappointing about the HFO dvd, not only is Seven Bridges Road audio only, but it's remixed from the 1980 "Live" album, not the HFO tour. i wonder why?

but i'll put SBR, Wasted Time, Pretty Maids All In A Row & I Can't Tell You Why on repeat and i'm set...

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
David,

Maybe they couldn't get as good a take in the two days that they were performing/recording as they did in 1980.

Was SBR on the "concert set" that was performed around the world?

Regards,

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
that's the one thing i found disappointing about the HFO dvd, not only is Seven Bridges Road audio only, but it's remixed from the 1980 "Live" album, not the HFO tour. i wonder why?
I'm guessing it has something to do with the way the "new" DTS mix of the song was done (with one voice per speaker), which is why there is no video. I would also figure it was not in the recording session for the HFO DVD/CD, and possibly even recorded prior to it's release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks