What's new

DTS Multichannel Music (1 Viewer)

JohnnyN

Stunt Coordinator
With all the talk about DVD-A vs SACD, have we forgotten about DTS Multichannel music? I know sonically and on paper the DVD-A and SACD titles definitely have the advantage, but has anybody on this board had any experiences or opinions about DTS Music they can share?
One thing I'd like to point out is some DTS Music titles are actually DTS ES 6.1... I'd love to see more 6.1 music, but looks like players and titles in the DVD-A SACD arena are limited to 5.1 :frowning:

Jagan Seshadri

Supporting Actor
The first multichannel audio recording I purchased was the Police CD "Every Breath You Take - The Classics" in dts 5.1

But when I heard about DVD-A, I started getting those instead.

-JNS

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Johnny, I have a handful of DTS CDs, and DTS works well for music in my opinion. Certainly better than Dolby Digital. DVD-Audio and SACD are better yet, but DTS is acceptable to my ears. I still enjoy my DTS CDs, though the mixes are almost always gimmicky, much like multi-channel DVD-Audio and SACD. Anyway, DTS Entertainment no longer makes CDs, as they have moved on to DVD-Audio, so don't expect to see anymore CDs. I am hoping that they will re-release many of their CDs in DVD-Audio, especially for the opportunity to get high-resolution stereo tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks