What's new

DTS- Lag Problems... (1 Viewer)

Clay-F

Stunt Coordinator
Hi I'm running a simple Sony setup. Here's a link to it on bestbuy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/detail.asp?e=...=1552&scat=242

Anyway, I'm using a cheapo Oritron DVD player that I got back in 2000 for 100 bucks.

Now I know I'm not running a high calibur system by any means, but it sounds cool to me.

My problem is that when I play DTS enabled dvds sometimes especially after I skip scenes, it will have about half to a second of lag in the audio. Meaning the mouth of the actors will run a little bit ahead of where the audio should meet up with it. If I pause the dvd for a second or two, then hit play the problem clears up. Sometimes I get this problem when the layer changes on the dvd.

Is this from my dvd player, or is it something to do with my receiver? My bet is its on the dvd player itself....

Is this normal with cheap dvd players? Oh and yes my dvd player is DTS ready.

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
sounds like the DVD player to me I would upgrade to something better myself you can get into a nice Panasonic or Toshiba for under 100 bux today and would probably clear your problem right up.

Clay-F

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks!

I figured that was it.....

It never gives me a problem with Dolby Digital, only DTS........

A new DVD player will have to be in the future.......

andrew lewis

Agent
Sounds like the processor on your DVD player is inadequite. You may want to step up to something with a faroudja chip..or something close to that.

When my Denon DVD900 went KIA...we got a rental from our local good guys. It was a decent Toshiba progressive scan....and the pauses between scense were un-bearable, especially on DTS.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks