What's new

DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High-Resolution Audio, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Gustavo Menendez
I am, using a Panasonic DMP-BD10-A Blu-Ray DVD Player with an Integra DTC-9.8 Pre-Amplifier/Processor. The Integra (as well as the DVD player) has the codecs for DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High-Resolution Audio, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus Decoding; however the DVD player “bitstream” signal is not the “right” kind for the processor to switch to the “High Definition” codecs. I would like to see the correct codec identified by the processor.

When can I expect a new firmware update that will permit the Panasonic DMP-BD10-A to pass the bitstream with the right format for the Pre-Amp/Processor to decode the new HD codecs? i.e., DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High-Resolution Audio, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus

It is my understanding, tha there is only one Blu-Ray player on the market that is capable of doing that provided the firmware is updated!

Anybody has any idea what can be done about these undisclosed issues?

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
The Panasonic will never be able to output these advanced formats as bitstream, as this requires an HDMI 1.3 output, which it does not possess (HDMI 1.2 only). At best your player can internally decode Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD HR and output these as PCM via the HDMI port it is equipped with. Sound quality should be unaffected.

DTS-HD MA is another matter, and internal decoding and PCM conversion in the future via firmware upgrade is unlikely.

Adam

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks