DTS-EX Engaging

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by jaydee, Nov 30, 2002.

1. jaydee

jaydee Stunt Coordinator

Have SuperNatural Live with DTS 5.1 which engages on my Elite 45 receiver automatically after setting the DVD disc output. When I try to engage Blade II 6.1 DTS I don't hear any sound untill I switch to DDigital.

I have a JVC DVD which detects DTS signals out, and is wired to the 45 with S/Video and Optical/Audio. My 45 doesn't have S-rears. I have gone in the 45 on-screens and tried to force the sysytem to think it has rears, but can't seem to fool it on one input screen. Why will it accept 5.1 and toally turn off 6.1? Do I need to borrow and wire som e rears to toally fool the system, then disconnect (no space to have rears) the speakers?

Saw something similar earlier on this, but it is so old, no one seems to want to respond.

2. Mario D

Mario D Extra

Hi Jaydee
    When you did initial set up if you used Mcacc it detected that you had no sb's,Therefore wont auto detect. Have you tried putting the sb's on manually,via the small button on the panel door in front of the receiver.I'm not sure this will solve the problem but could be a solution. I dont own a 45tx but read the entire manuel this morning and will be doing a home audition this week with my B&W speakers.How do you like your receiver so far? [​IMG] Mario

3. jaydee

jaydee Stunt Coordinator

Did auto Mcaac on initial. Found it good basis to start with, but I still had to fine tune the settings to my individual liking.

Haven't tried the switch on the front, just all the receiver/speaker settings throught the remote. Been throught the manual front and back more than I'd care to admit.

I still think I've made the right decision with the Elite. As anything somewhat complecated, it takes getting used to, but the most negative thing about it is the complexity of the Universal Remote (I use Universal loosely). I've wanted an Elite for nearly 20 years now ever since I listened to one at a High-end stereo shop near my College campus. My Speaker choice was PSB Image 6T, 10S and 9C, with an SVS 16-46 sub, over the Klipsch RF-3 series with Klipsch RSW-12 sub.