What's new

DTS/DVD-A Music Sampler @ BB (1 Viewer)

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
While killing time at Best Buy last night, I came across a FREE promotional DTS/DVD-Audio Music Sampler Volume 1 in the DVD player section. Contrary to what the disc says ("playable on DVD-Audio and DVD-Video players"), a worker there said the disc will only play on a DVD-Audio player. Hey, a freebie's a freebie, so I decided to give it a shot so I took a couple of copies home. Well, I got it home and gave it a test drive...the disc DOES work on your standard DVDP. Now, I'm not sure if I was getting the full frequency range, but either way, the disc sounded damn good! Seeing as how EVERYONE loves a freebie (BTW, I'm still waiting on my Kenwood Sovereign freebie DVD!), I figured I'd let you guys know about it. Here's the playlist...ENJOY!!!
1) The Fabulous Thunderbirds: Wrap It Up (DTS 96/24)
2) Olivia Newton-John: Xanadu
3) Les Brown & His Band Of Renown: Satin Doll
4) The Gluey Bros.: Hot Tina
5) Larisa Stow: Invitation
6) Toy Matinee: Remember My Name
7) Steve Stevens: Flamenco A Go-Go
8) Studio Voodoo: Fire (DTS-ES 6.1 Surround)
9) David Alan: Dangerous
10) Tchaikovsky: Andante from Symphony No. 6
Out of all 10 tracks, I thought the Larisa Stow song sounded best...it had a lot of cool surround effects that sounded natural, not forced.
Ron
[Edited last by Ron Reda on November 09, 2001 at 06:20 AM]

Jo_M

Stunt Coordinator
I just read about this on another forum this morning. I'm going to stop by tomorrow and see if there's any left.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks