What's new

DTS by using DVD's decoder? (1 Viewer)

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
In my experience using the DTS decoder in the receiver is easier and does a better job. You only have to calibrate the receiver instead of calibrating the DVD player also.
------------------
The Mischievous Rogue Strikes Again! The Humble Hanson Theater

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
My thinking would tend to say that there is less signal loss when using digital, not to mention that the decoding will most likely be better when done by the receiver. would anybody really notice the difference? I don't think I would.

jason celaya

Stunt Coordinator
i have a non-DTS 656 paired w/a panny rp91 which has DTS decoding. I have 6 outs on the panny and 6 inputs on the onkyo.....can I use the Panasonic decoder thus have DTS?
Also if I can do this...should I buy good RCA cables or just use the stock varity? (I've used at least monstercable quality on everything else)
Is it usually frowned upon using the dvd player as a decoder?
Can I easliy switch ffom the reciever decoder for DD to the DVDs for DTS?
Last question...
Would I have to recalibrate my sound (w/meter) to each speaker through the dvd player now?

JohanK

Second Unit
Would I have to recalibrate my sound (w/meter) to each speaker through the dvd player now?
Yes, you could use the Panny's test tone and adjust properly for DTS playback.
------------------
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/bbs/equipment/28687.html
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks